Author Topic: ADNM Installation and License Issues  (Read 6150 times)

GeoPink

ADNM Installation and License Issues
« on: September 13, 2010, 01:51:35 AM »
I had successfully installed ADNM on a Windows 7 Pro Machine with SQL2005Express install using a demo license several months ago.  I was able to deploy the managed version of avast on several networked machines.

I then purchased and installed the license for the Server 4.8 version.  Still had no problems logging in or using the ADNM console.

I recently (several weeks later) came to log in to the console and was given the error "no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".  I had the license file resent and imported but that did nothing.  i checked the database connectivity, and problems began to show up.  since I had not even begun to fully deploy or use the software yet, I deleted the database and decided to reinstall the ADNM.

I now have a Windows 7 Pro Machine, SQL2005Express installed, but no ADNM.  The install refuses to accept my license file with the error:  "Licenses for the following products are missing or invalid:  AV_NETC  Please make sure you are using the correct license file."  Attached below is the install/error log. (Note: I tried importing several different locations of the same file as I had read that permission can be a problem at times, also.)

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 - Jeff

Jan Nabelek

Re: ADNM Installation and License Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 08:34:45 AM »
I then purchased and installed the license for the Server 4.8 version.  Still had no problems logging in or using the ADNM console.

The install refuses to accept my license file with the error:  "Licenses for the following products are missing or invalid:  AV_NETC  Please make sure you are using the correct license file."

Buy (or change) correct license.dat file... There are difference between Server and Managed Server licence by ADNM...

BTW. I recommend install AMS server on server operating system (it depends on your environment, but when you have server...)

GeoPink

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:33:37 PM »
Server v4.8 was purchased and installed on Windows 2008 R2 machine. (I'm sorry. I didn't clarify that earlier.)
ADNM is installed on a different Windows7 Pro Machine (w/ SQL2005 installed).

Is the license I purchased the correct one?  I understand that the *managed* server version and the server version are slightly different, but I was under the impression that a) the licensing is the same and b) I can install the managed version on top of the other one via the ADNM (deployment).

Do I need a different license/ license file for this to work?

- Jeff

wpn

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 11:54:06 PM »
the licenses that you buy for 4.8 server are usable in ADNM, but u need a special generated license file from sales to use in ADNM.

the clearify:

license = the code that makes the software run legally
license file = the file that contains the encrypted (i believe) code which the program (server/workstation/ADNM) cna read.

GeoPink

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 05:36:20 AM »
I have both a license.dat and a license.avastlic file that I had received and tried to import into ADNM.  Both show that my license for Avast Server is valid through 2011 and both give me the error mentioned above.

I will keep reading and poking around, but I really don't know what else to try.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »
The error in your log is: 0x0000A4A7

Which basically tells us that the license is not valid.  I'd suggest contacting sales and making sure that you purchased the correct product for what you're trying to do.

For example, this post shows that someone was trying to install / load the exchange provider, but didn't have a license for that portion:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=18178.0
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum