Author Topic: New Antivirus performance benchmark Sept 30 2010  (Read 10836 times)

GloobyGoob

Re: New Antivirus performance benchmark Sept 30 2010
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 12:57:17 AM »
This is not correct. The support on the Norton/Symantec forums is as good as it is here and Symantec employees respond and post help and information very frequently.

Agreed. I've been to Symantec's forum and their support is pretty good. Plus, nearly every security company has its own forum.

Offline wonderwrench

Re: New Antivirus performance benchmark Sept 30 2010
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 03:59:43 AM »

BTW personally I almost went with NIS 2010/2011 on my systems as Symantec is really on the ball lately. Never before have their products been less of a hog. Avast has always been good to me and I ended up picking Avast 5 IS over NIS because of this forums. No other security community can even come close to what we have here, no way. NIS might have slightly better protection and both are light on resources but if I went NIS I'd have have no support at all IMHO. Bill
This is not correct. The support on the Norton/Symantec forums is as good as it is here and Symantec employees respond and post help and information very frequently.

Well they must have gotten better in the last few years. A few years ago I tried to get NIS running correctly on a friends XP box. First off a 900 number for phone support, no way. I tried online support and supplied very detailed info and played ping pong with their techs for several days. All I got was more questions that were already answered in my original post. Finally gave up and installed Avast problem solved.
Main Box*i7 930*GB X58A-UD3R*3x4 gig Patriot DDR3 1600 EL*EVGA GTX 460 1 gig*Intel X25-M G2 80 gig*WD 2TB Green*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*Samsung SH-S223L*LG WH14NS40*Corsair AX750*Rosewill Challenger case*Windows 8 Pro 64 bit*Avast 8 Free 8.0.1482*MBAM Pro*Firefox 19.0.1*NoScript