Author Topic: Re:problems installing Avast 5 in Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SP2  (Read 4106 times)

starfish5

Went to update from v 4.8 to v5. when I went to install the following error message came up: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastUI.exe
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.
I contacted the avast support center and one of their techs said to do the following:
At first, uninstall avast! from your computer. Then install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package

for 32bit operating systems available here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A5C84275-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

for 64bit operating systems available here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&displaylang=en

and finally install avast! again.
Well, I did these things..uninstalled avast using the uninstall program on my computer. When I went to download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ for 64 bit operating system the following error came up:
Error 1935. An error occurred during installation of assembly
'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version =" 9.0.30729.1", publicKeyToken =
"1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd 64", type = "win32". Please
refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070424
Can anybody help me with this? Thanks so much. Starfish5

vivi0184

Re:problems installing Avast 5 in Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SP2
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:30:23 AM »
Same happens to me, I have followed the instructions but in the end I kept on receiving the same message, "side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

The only difference between my OS and yours is that I am still on SP1, because my Windows Update stopped working... And I can't fix it, I tried many ways but I think I have to reinstall my Windows.

Anyone got any success in fixing this Avast problem?!