Author Topic: Outlook messages, not sent to junk? instead they are *disappearing* unread  (Read 3180 times)

Triz

I just recently started checking email over my phone (yeah, yeah, I'm not exactly fast with the tech) and discovered to my horror that messages were showing up in my junk mail on my phone that aren't showing up in Outlook. This would be okay if they were junk, but they aren't all.

I don't think this was a problem before the last version of Avast, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty worried about this because there are several important email messages (for example, to a friend asking if she needed help dealing with her father's illness) that I would have expected to get a reply to and haven't.

First, does anyone know if this is Outlook or Avast? Second, is there any way to fix this? Third, is there any way to find the messages that Avast (if it is Avast) might have screened out so I didn't ever see them? I do check my junk email folder in Outlook regularly, but the message (1 to 1, not a group spam) from my friend last night only showed up in the junk email folder on my phone, and not at all in my Avast-protected Outlook inbox or junk mail.

Help!! And thanks  :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 11:20:35 AM by Triz »

ImWarm

Re: Outlook messages, not sent to junk?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 04:44:19 AM »
Are you using free or Internet security?

Triz

Re: Outlook messages, not sent to junk?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:21:02 AM »
Free. The most recent version.

k.u.r.t

Re: Outlook messages, not sent to junk? instead they are *disappearing* unread
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 03:25:20 PM »
Triz: spam filtering is part of AIS. Avast free checks for viruses but not for spam. you can go to avast and check the historical activity charts of the appropriate shield to see whether avast might have thought that your message contains a virus or not.

MasterTB

Re: Outlook messages, not sent to junk? instead they are *disappearing* unread
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 03:12:01 AM »
If you can use your phone to check for mails I assume you can access them via a web service. If this is the case check the web service for the mails. See if they have been classified as spam there.
I ask you because my ISP's mail will classify mails as spam and not send them to me via pop3 for that reason and hence I won't see them coming to my mail client, Instead I have to check online and if they have been erroneously classified as spam change the status so that they appear om my inbox.
I think google's gmail does the same.. I don't remember now.
I'm pretty sure it is not avast unless it found the mails as infected and eliminated them. In that case you should see that in the AV's logs.

Martin.-