Author Topic: Are you F'ing KIDDING?  (Read 14035 times)

Dave Lister

Are you F'ing KIDDING?
« on: September 17, 2010, 11:00:44 PM »
A POP UP TO SUPPORT "TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY"?

What's pirate for F*** YOU AVAST.

No professionalism what so ever.  Good bye to this crap!

Hermite15

Re: Are you F'ing KIDDING?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »

No professionalism what so ever.  Good bye to this crap!

+1 I'm not saying goodbye to Avast, but I was and still am amazed by the whole non-sense with the pirate thing etc... they might be trying to sell the product to 6 years olds... I mean this isn't even funny, but completely pathetic, and ridiculous.

ps: this said, watch the language, I agree with you, but no need to be rude, there are enough words to explain yourself about that okay?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 11:04:59 PM »
Where is your sense of humour ? I thought it was fun.  Plus it does not detract from Avast's capabilities and you do not have to install it 

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »
Where is your sense of humour ? I thought it was fun.  Plus it does not detract from Avast's capabilities and you do not have to install it 

my sense of humor...there's no humor there that I can see, just cheap "hustling" with kids.

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 11:12:21 PM »

+1

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 11:16:48 PM »
Where is your sense of humour ? I thought it was fun.  Plus it does not detract from Avast's capabilities and you do not have to install it  

Yeah, I agree with you M ;D

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Atani

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 11:46:09 PM »
I believe the proper way of saying that in pirate-speak would be "You scalawags, I shan't be acceptin' of yer shenanigans!"
Though to be honest, I thought it was a rather rediculous thing for them to do, and I hope they didn't spend any real amount of time coming up with it (no more than say one person doing the "translation")

twl845

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 12:10:04 AM »

How about "Talk dirty to me" language. Now that would be funny!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 12:35:20 AM »
Yeh, that's a first for me. I've never quite seen anything like that before. ???

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 12:39:52 AM »
Lol, i might be biased since i'm around avast! guys for quite some time now, but i find it fun. In fact i love the way how it announces VPS update, even though i had voice and popup disabled before. Also as the timing was right, i was just watching the Pirates of Caribbean trilogy like 2 times last week :P

Donno, Talk like a pirate day with Pirate English "translation" makes AVAST Software closer to the users and not just a multi-million corporation churning out yearly versions of their security software and milking clueless users with it. But i guess not everyone like a more personal company that's delivering free goods to us for years already and hopefully more to come.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 01:00:10 AM »
Lol, i might be biased since i'm around avast! guys for quite some time now, but i find it fun. In fact i love the way how it announces VPS update, even though i had voice and popup disabled before. Also as the timing was right, i was just watching the Pirates of Caribbean trilogy like 2 times last week :P

Donno, Talk like a pirate day with Pirate English "translation" makes AVAST Software closer to the users and not just a multi-million corporation churning out yearly versions of their security software and milking clueless users with it. But i guess not everyone like a more personal company that's delivering free goods to us for years already and hopefully more to come.

I've been around as long as you and since it is not forced upon us, it doesn't even deserve comment. For those who like it-- have fun.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

sanctuaryforever

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 02:26:36 AM »
I can see why some people may not find it funny, but you have to remember its optional and its not like they have halted there antivirus production for it so I dont see the harm

also try to keep your temper as its not like the end of world or anything

twl845

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 02:47:14 AM »

Ye see, avast is a nautical term and a pirate might say "avast matey"! You scurvy landlubber's who stop by with your scuttlebutt should be put ashore.

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 03:40:33 AM »
I Find The Talk like a pirate day language very cool and funny  ;D but i haven't got the pop up at all
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 04:16:31 AM »
I like Talk like a pirate, look at my avatar, I'm using avast!'s two pirates. ;D