Author Topic: Mozilla Firefox....  (Read 11362 times)

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Mozilla Firefox....
« on: September 18, 2010, 11:39:04 AM »
HI :)

Can you tell me how to speed MozillaFirefox. Tnx

Lep dan :)

SafeSurf

Re: Mozilla Firefox....
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 12:04:20 PM »
What version do you have?  Version 3.6.10 is the latest.

Is it only FF that is slow, or your machine as well?

Are you using FF in a virtualized or Safe Mode as this may slow things down?

How many add-on's do you have in FF?  More than 5 may slow you down as well.

Do you clean up your machine after browsing?  Many of us use CCleaner.  It is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool.  There is a Slim version available as well at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds - 4th option down.  It removes unused files (cache, temporary Internet files, etc.) from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.  It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.  Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. 

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 12:42:44 PM »
What version do you have?  Version 3.6.10 is the latest.

Is it only FF that is slow, or your machine as well?

Are you using FF in a virtualized or Safe Mode as this may slow things down?

How many add-on's do you have in FF?  More than 5 may slow you down as well.

Do you clean up your machine after browsing?  Many of us use CCleaner.  It is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool.  There is a Slim version available as well at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds - 4th option down.  It removes unused files (cache, temporary Internet files, etc.) from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space.  It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.  Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. 

I have MF 3.6.10 and I am running MF in sandbox mode.(I can use this function only 2days. :( ) I have 10Add-on,s in MF. Yes I,m using CCleaner but I've never tried CCleaner slim version.

Have a nice day :)

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:47:39 AM »
I have MF 3.6.10 and I am running MF in sandbox mode.(I can use this function only 2days. I have 10Add-on,s in MF. Yes I,m using CCleaner but I've never tried CCleaner slim version.
Have you noticed that FF has slowed down only since using SB mode over the past 2 days or has this problem been longer?

10 add-on's is quite a bit.  Do any of them overlap each other?  Are they all necessary?

CCleaner Slim only means that when you download it, you do not get the ad-ware toolbars and it saves a lot of memory on your machine.  So next time you need an upgrade of CCleaner, uninstall it and put the Slim version in.  It works the same way.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 10:03:34 AM »
Just unpack Piriform installers with WinRAR or 7zip and extract just the executable. That's how i'm doing it ever since. Plus this makes their apps fully portable.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:59 AM »
And why not just download the portable version ? http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

SafeSurf

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »
I think the OP has more than just piriform (ccleaner) issues going on with FF, so I need to wait for their reply to my last post, esp. my first two questions.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 10:42:22 AM »
Hi SafeSurf !

Yes i am following the thread, i just replied to Rejzor as i think it's weird(to say the least) to go about downloading the full version and extracting the files from the installer when you can just get the portable version in the first place.

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 12:19:56 PM »
10 add-on's is quite a bit.  Do any of them overlap each other?  Are they all necessary?

CCleaner Slim only means that when you download it, you do not get the ad-ware toolbars and it saves a lot of memory on your machine.  So next time you need an upgrade of CCleaner, uninstall it and put the Slim version in.  It works the same way.

I also think that I have too many add-on,s,but I need these add-on,s in MF(I use these add-on,s):

-AdBlock Plus
-AFOM Addon                                                                                                                                                                                             
-Browser Defender Toolbar
-DownloadHelper
-FoxTab
-DownThemAll
-KeyScarmble
-NoScript
-SpeedDNS
-VTzilla
-YouTube mp3
-BetterPrivacy

Thx I will try CCleaner Slim version. ;)

Have a nice day. Lep dan :)

YoKenny

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 01:11:20 PM »
See
IE9, FF4 Beta In Real-World Benchmark
By Ben Dilts | Published: September 16, 2010

Most browser benchmarks are isolated, artificial tests that can be gamed by browser vendors optimizing those specific cases. With only those benchmarks to go on, we were skeptical that IE9′s beta would actually outperform other modern browsers in real-world applications.
http://www.lucidchart.com/blog/2010/09/16/ie9-ff4-beta-in-real-world-benchmark

I'm now using Google Chrome on my XP Pro system.  8)

13thSlayer

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 01:20:13 PM »
See
IE9, FF4 Beta In Real-World Benchmark
By Ben Dilts | Published: September 16, 2010

Most browser benchmarks are isolated, artificial tests that can be gamed by browser vendors optimizing those specific cases. With only those benchmarks to go on, we were skeptical that IE9′s beta would actually outperform other modern browsers in real-world applications.
http://www.lucidchart.com/blog/2010/09/16/ie9-ff4-beta-in-real-world-benchmark

I'm now using Google Chrome on my XP Pro system.  8)

Epic offtopic, troll.

YoKenny

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 01:50:23 PM »

Epic offtopic, troll.
I provide facts.  ;)

You are a LINUX USER and a Jr. Member of the forum. ::)

13thSlayer

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 01:59:56 PM »

Epic offtopic, troll.
I provide facts.  ;)

Just that fact that you posted a bunch doesn't mean anything. Okay, see this: this person asks how to speed up firefox. NOT about which browser is fastest or whatever. Sure, Firefox is way slower than Chrome I have to admit. But it's offtopic.

Hermite15

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »

Epic offtopic, troll.
I provide facts.  ;)

Just that fact that you posted a bunch doesn't mean anything. Okay, see this: this person asks how to speed up firefox. NOT about which browser is fastest or whatever. Sure, Firefox is way slower than Chrome I have to admit. But it's offtopic.

+1 just don't pay attention, he's doing that ten times a day, and that's tolerated here ::) ... for some reason ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:36:52 PM by Logos »

Offline phil2

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 01:53:59 AM »

He's known as the  Evangelist of inane posts   ;)
Windows 7 home service pack 1 64-bit
avast! Pro Antivirus     Malwarebytes Pro resident
    Winpatrol Pro