Author Topic: [Resolved] CANT ACCESS INTERNET using avast AIS 5  (Read 61320 times)

Skowy

Re: CANT ACCESS INTERNET using avast AIS 5
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »
No, web browser connectivity was non-compliant - Firewall logs empty in "connections" after attempting to browse via your previous link to lifehacker and google
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:53:43 PM by Skowy »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »
So it isn't avast! fw blocking apparently. I am alerting someone from the alwil crew to check this thread...

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2010, 10:02:48 PM »
Looks like the Avast Service is missing from your copy and you have a duplicated Avast Antivirus - could this be the problem

Definitely requires one of the developers to follow this thread PK maybe ?

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2010, 10:35:18 PM »
Looks like the Avast Service is missing from your copy and you have a duplicated Avast Antivirus - could this be the problem

Definitely requires one of the developers to follow this thread PK maybe ?

Yeah i sent him a pm. Hopefully we get a reply here soon.

Skowy

« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2010, 02:53:14 AM »
Essexboy -

I referred to the laptop using AIS and took a snapshot - it is different from the AIS on PC

the Avast!Service tab is included in the Laptop AIS but not in the PC AIS 

Skowy

« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2010, 03:09:43 AM »
SO I browsed through all the Avast Application Rules and found the following inconsistency -

LAPTOP allows outbound access to the internet on port 80

PC allows outbound access to the internet and inbound access to friends 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:12:06 AM by Skowy »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2010, 10:25:45 AM »
Yeah the rules are the same on my end so that is fine. Infact on my end it just says avast antivirus for all those rules. You need to highlight the rule and click file details below to actually see for what process those rules are.

Anyway Skowy, we alerted the avast team to your issue, hopefully we get a reply soon.

Skowy

« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2010, 07:39:26 AM »
i haven't got word from anyone -

its been a week  ???

SafeSurf

Avast Team - Re: CANT ACCESS INTERNET using avast AIS 5
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2010, 11:23:37 AM »
Attention Avast Team:

I think it is time for the Avast Team to respond to this OP since it has now been over 3.5 weeks (the OP first posted in another thread before this one) asking for help.

He is a paid user of AIS of 2 machines and I think he deserves a timely response.  I know the Team is monitoring this thread, so please kindly respond to him.  Thank you.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2010, 11:52:51 AM »
Sent another pm and reported your post to the moderator Safesurf, hopefully we finally get a reply...

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »
Hi Skowy,

does turning off the avast firewall solve the problem? Are you able to browse with webshield enabled and firewall turned off?

Edit: We should first find out what component is the problematic one. So the first step is to rule out the firewall. So please try it with firewall disabled. If it works, we might try to tune the firewall, if it does not help, leave it turned off, and we can try to find out other offending part. To me it seems that something on your system (and it seems it has already seen quite a lot) is messing with the redirect feature in avast! that is used both by WebShield and MailShield. Don't understand however, how tuning down the heuristics sensitivy might help though.

Lukas
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 12:59:45 PM by lukor »

ZEROSGHOST

« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2010, 02:30:24 AM »
Ok I havent read the entire thread since I'm usually busy on sunday nights, anyways this sounds much like the same problem I encounter'd, I had to disable all avast services to get internet access on google chrome and uninstallation is the only way to get things working on Internet Explorer.

Happen'd right after I upgraded to Avast! 5 today, pro trial.

SafeSurf

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2010, 06:24:12 AM »
@ Skowy,  The Avast Team has posted a response and are awaiting your reply.  Thank you.

@ lukor,  Thank you for responding. :)

Skowy

« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
thanks for responding

does turning off the avast firewall solve the problem? Are you able to browse with webshield enabled and firewall turned off?

Edit: We should first find out what component is the problematic one. So the first step is to rule out the firewall. So please try it with firewall disabled. If it works, we might try to tune the firewall, if it does not help, leave it turned off, and we can try to find out other offending part. To me it seems that something on your system (and it seems it has already seen quite a lot) is messing with the redirect feature in avast! that is used both by WebShield and MailShield. Don't understand however, how tuning down the heuristics sensitivy might help though.

Are you able to browse with webshield enabled and firewall turned off?

No, there is no connectivity when enabling the webshield and disabling the firewall - Connectivity to the internet is only via disabling the webshield all other services are functional

tuning down the heuristics sensitivity might help though.
[/quote]

I tuned the heuristics sensitivity down in the mailshield and the mail services work BUT, when applied to the webshield it did not work

ZEROSGHOST - I am using AIS 5 not Avast Pro 5 so this problem may not relate

Adam Riley

« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2010, 12:12:12 PM »
Good afternoon

I am sorry to hear that you are currently still having a problem with our software and that it has not yet been resolved.  I will send you an email in the next few minutes so that we can try to get a resolution for you quickly.

Many thanks,
Adam Riley
avast! Customer Relations