Author Topic: Samples missed by avast (VirusTotal links only!)  (Read 416075 times)

Altarir.

Re: Samples missed by avast (VirusTotal links only!)
« Reply #287 on: January 15, 2011, 11:47:37 PM »
Can you change http to hxxp. Thank you.

ehwhat, those links ain't malicious

REDACTED

« Reply #288 on: January 15, 2011, 11:58:02 PM »
Can you change http to hxxp. Thank you.

ehwhat, those links ain't malicious

+1

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #291 on: January 22, 2011, 12:41:29 AM »
KoenG, do you have that sample? Did you submit it to avast team?
Sure it is infected...
The best things in life are free.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #293 on: January 22, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »
The problem I have with this thread is that there is no follow up from anyone that is posting the links to Virustotal...

All it takes is for the person submitting the file to add it to the chest and scan it every couple of days, and when it is detected, simply edit the relevant post to say that it is now detected. Otherwise IMHO there is no point in just posting the links...
This is what I do if there is a sample that I have to submit (good or bad) leave a copy in the chest, and then scan it every couple of days, once it is detected/removed from detection then the file can go.

You can even add comments via the chest so that you can keep track of the file itself...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #294 on: January 22, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »
The problem I have with this thread is that there is no follow up from anyone that is posting the links to Virustotal...
They already posted they won't "follow" this thread... They would analyze the samples sent to them.

This is what I do if there is a sample that I have to submit (good or bad) leave a copy in the chest, and then scan it every couple of days, once it is detected/removed from detection then the file can go.
It would be a good think a track back from the user, yes.
The best things in life are free.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #295 on: January 22, 2011, 10:02:55 PM »
They already posted they won't "follow" this thread... They would analyze the samples sent to them.
Sorry, I didn't mean avast team, I meant those that post the links...
For instance, Marc57's post (nothing against him, just an example of what I meant) according to VT, there is another report which shows avast! detects it. All it needs is for the user to edit, and say it is now detected. Otherwise we just have a bunch of useless links...

KoenG

« Reply #296 on: January 23, 2011, 12:42:47 AM »
KoenG, do you have that sample? Did you submit it to avast team?
Sure it is infected...
No tech i have not this sample i copy/paste a VT report to the Avast Forum
from the VT site

All it takes is for the person submitting the file to add it to the chest and scan it every couple of days, and when it is detected, simply edit the relevant post to say that it is now detected. Otherwise IMHO there is no point in just posting the links...

You can even add comments via the chest so that you can keep track of the file itself...
And sorry But is there not any following as a VT link posting on the avast forum

sorry for my bad english and for possibly  
misunderstandings

And can everyone now back ontopic please

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:44:55 AM by KoenG »

PaCKINheAT

« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24:01 PM »
nice list