Author Topic: Can't move infected files to chest or repair or delete  (Read 11820 times)

bobbyboy

Re: Can't move infected files to chest or repair or delete
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
Here is the OTL file (attached)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 10:04:23 PM »
All login files are reporting the correct MD5 - methinks then that it is more serious than this

Are you happy with running the Dr Web live CD ?

But be aware that you may have to do a re-install/repair install.  So I would suggest that you use Reatogo to back up your important data

bobbyboy

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »
I'll give the Dr a try.I've already backed up my files.I'll let you know the result.Thanks for your help so far.I appreciate it.

bobbyboy

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 06:30:07 PM »
I ran the DrWeb Live Cd.I set it to delete infected files and report all else.It ran for 10 hours and then froze.,with no reports.I did hard reboot and my desktop came back.I then ran a full Malwarebytes scan and it found 2 infected files which it deleted.I then disabled System Restore and restarted into Safe mode.Then I ran A full Avast scan and was clean.Finally I ran a hijackthis scan which I am attaching with the Malwarebytes log.
I'm still in safe mode and haven't tried to surf the net til I get some feedback that I'm good to go.My other concern is that I am always connected to the web via my cable,which is why I'm saying in Safe mode for now.
Please let me know what you think