Author Topic: Excluding Online Armor  (Read 3017 times)

Nikilet

Excluding Online Armor
« on: September 22, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »
I have trial versions of both avast! and Online Armor Premium Firewall. I was advised by OA to exclude the avast! folder in OA, and exclude OA folder in avast!. Exactly where do I go to exclude OA, and then do I just type the file path of C:/Program Files/Online Armor to make this eclusion?

SafeSurf

Re: Excluding Online Armor
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 01:43:32 AM »
Hi Nikilet.  Welcome back.  ;)

To exclude Avast in OA:  Open the OA GUI > Options > Exclusions > click "Add"  and a pop-up will come up for you to find your software/program....go to C:/Program Files/Awil Software...done!

To exclude OA in Avast: Open the Avast GUI > Settings > Exclusions > click "Add"  and a pop-up will come up for you to find your software/program...go to C:/Program Files/Online Armor\* but click on the box to the left of the program...done.

Nikilet

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 05:38:38 AM »
Thank you. Now, previously you said if I had any problems with OA to let you know. Since shortly after installing OA my IE8 has been working horrible. It either takes forever to reach a site, or it just won't make contact at all. I finally made Firefox my default just to check things out and the same sites that wouldn't open in IE8 open right up in Firefox. The only thing I've done is install OA, and IE it was working fine before. Any ideas?

SafeSurf

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 08:32:06 AM »
Oh good I caught you here.  I just left you a message on the OA forum that you posted there and gave you a suggestion.

Edit:  I answered both your questions there.