Author Topic: Resident Protection disables itself  (Read 2567 times)

aogypn

Resident Protection disables itself
« on: August 05, 2004, 05:07:20 AM »
Running Windows 98SE with updates using Avast 4.1 Home.
 The resident protection will not stay as High. It disbables on every shutdown. Little Red circle with line across it on my icon. Yet to discover where it sets disabled as default. Would love the simple answer- even if it makes me look unedumicated. Couldn't find the topic in a few pages. Ernie

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Resident Protection disables itself
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 02:11:29 PM »
Hi aogypn, welcome to the forums.

Open the Resident Scanner, change the setting to High and then click on the Terminate button, from here you will be asked if you want to save your settings, click the Yes button. Now click the Start button, and you will probably be confronted with the same choice, click Yes again.

This has been known to work in some other cases and for me at least, it was a work around for a similar problem.

Give it a try and see if it works for you.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 02:49:09 PM »
Settings that cannot be saved

Configure your settings how you want them, right click on tray icon and select Stop On-Access Protection and Exit, now restart your computer and see if it has saved your settings. Some services could be wrongly ended (killed) and then the settings were not saved.

See FAQ links on my signature  ;)
The best things in life are free.

aogypn

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 08:13:48 AM »
Thanks folks,
Could not get any of that to work.  Had 0 running. Could not get Resident Protection to start.  Uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I can turn resident Protection on and off.

Thanks heaps for interest and help.
Ernie aogypn