Author Topic: unbelievable  (Read 5580 times)

waleed101

unbelievable
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:29:39 AM »
the last av-comparatives report prove unbelievable truth
Iam protected more than people who paid for protection so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AVAST for your full function and protection free antivirus

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_od_aug2010.pdf

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Re: unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:58:36 AM »
Not all test results will be favourable, not all testing is relevant, and no product is without fault.
But certainly a point well made for avast! Free.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:07:20 AM »
Very good results, congratulations to avast team 8)
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »
Iam protected more than people who paid for protection so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AVAST for your full function and protection free antivirus

Then you will like this one as well:
Here's an interesting one for you, http://www.avast.com/pr-avast-free-antivirus-is-a-suite-performer.

PRAGUE, Czech Republic, September 21, 2010 - avast! Free Antivirus was a top performer in the Dennis Technology Labs test sponsored by Symantec, outscoring a number of paid-for applications.

Avast! Free Antivirus outscored the paid-for internet security suites from Bit-Defender, McAfee, and Trend-Micro. In addition, avast! topped the below-average performance of free programs from AVG, Avira, and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Get that, in a test sponsored by Symantec :P
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »
PRAGUE, Czech Republic, September 21, 2010 - avast! Free Antivirus was a top performer in the Dennis Technology Labs test sponsored by Symantec, outscoring a number of paid-for applications.

Avast! Free Antivirus outscored the paid-for internet security suites from Bit-Defender, McAfee, and Trend-Micro. In addition, avast! topped the below-average performance of free programs from AVG, Avira, and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Dennis Technology Labs... this name reminds me this blog post ;D
http://blog.avast.com/2009/10/30/dennis-technology-labs-vs-vince-technology-labs-can-testing-paid-for-by-an-av-company-be-trusted/

I'd like to see how Symantec performs in this recent "paid" test :P
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Offline nobility

• The Family Historian
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »
Yes  -- it is a good product -- and it seems to take less resources  - as a previous McAfee and Norton user, whose products sapped the life out of the computer - Avast is fantastic :)!
Windows 10 Home  - Avast Free

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »
<snip>
Dennis Technology Labs... this name reminds me this blog post ;D
http://blog.avast.com/2009/10/30/dennis-technology-labs-vs-vince-technology-labs-can-testing-paid-for-by-an-av-company-be-trusted/

I'd like to see how Symantec performs in this recent "paid" test :P

Yes that blog was from over a year ago, but the principal is I guess still the same with sponsored test, there will always be a suspicion that the man who pays the piper calls the tune.

The same as the last one it paid for.
This is the Symantec sponsored test at Denis Publications labs, http://www.dennistechnologylabs.com/reports/security/anti-malware/symantec/.

There is a pdf link for the report on that page and avast although a free antivirus, did exceptionally well in the Symantec sponsored test, given what Symantec has said about free products not being able to protect you over paid products. Considering avast 5 free beet many paid suites, I think that particular duck has been shot down.

The problem with the test is that it doesn't take account of people using firefox and NoScript as that negates many of the various site exploits, even without noscript firefox side steps some exploits that only work on IE. So Chrome would also help in this regard.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

medway01

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »
Yes  -- it is a good product -- and it seems to take less resources  - as a previous McAfee and Norton user, whose products sapped the life out of the computer - Avast is fantastic :)!

Totaly agree, with Avast I can boot up my pc, read a webpage and use email  ;D

The fun part is looking in the virus chest and seeing what other products missed  :o
--

waleed101

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 04:25:41 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Then you will like this one as well:
Here's an interesting one for you, http://www.avast.com/pr-avast-free-antivirus-is-a-suite-performer.

jwall

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 04:59:34 PM »
Yep, avast rocks and the support here is terrific.
I'm glad I switched from Avira.  I'll give up the .1%
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 05:01:30 PM by jwall »

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 05:25:30 PM »
This is the Symantec sponsored test at Denis Publications labs, http://www.dennistechnologylabs.com/reports/security/anti-malware/symantec/.

Thanks for the links. Of course Symantec is the first prize :P

There is a pdf link for the report on that page and avast although a free antivirus, did exceptionally well in the Symantec sponsored test, given what Symantec has said about free products not being able to protect you over paid products. Considering avast 5 free beet many paid suites, I think that particular duck has been shot down.
+1

I noticed that over the half of the sample malware URLs (21/40) are blacklisted by avast VPS... impressive 8)