Author Topic: New Virus  (Read 2228 times)

Jasper9

New Virus
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:27:25 AM »
Hi
  I got infected with a virus yesterday that went straight through the avast antivirus protection, and even with the latest updates, when I scan the scr file that contains the virus, I am still told 'Scan complete - no threat found'
    Is there somewhere I can send this file or something, so you guys can have a look at it - and find a fix for it?

SafeSurf

Re: New Virus
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »
Do you have a url that you can submit to Virus Total?

Check your computer for malware with Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware (MBAM).
·   Download free http://www.malwarebytes.org/ for an on-demand scanner.
·   Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
·   After install, click update so you have latest database before scanning.
·   Under Settings:
o   General: Automatically Save File After Scan Completes is checked off
o   Scanner SettingsCheck all boxes
o   Updater: Download and install update if available is checked off
·   Once the program has loaded, select "Perform FULL Scan", then click Scan.
·   The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
·   When the disinfection scan is complete, a log will appear in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note).
·   Click the “remove selected” button to quarantine anything found.  You will find the infection details under the Quarantine tab.
·   The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
·   Copy & Paste the entire report in your next reply.

SafeSurf

Re: New Virus
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:19:57 AM »
After posting your full MBAM log, please check the information on the first post of this thread under Virus/Worms for you to check your machine for malware: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Follow the directions of obtaining the OTL logs.  Post the two (2) OTL log as an attachment (Additional Options > Attach > Browse (the logs will be on your desktop > Post).  We can then analyze this in the meantime for any malware, and if any malware is found we will refer you to one of our malware experts.  Thank you.