Author Topic: Vrius Definitions Out of Date - HELP  (Read 3067 times)

nesschap

Vrius Definitions Out of Date - HELP
« on: September 22, 2010, 06:00:19 PM »
I am using AVAST 5 and for more than a week keep getting an error when definitions are trying to auto update.  It says "your virus definitions are out of date! Latest virus definition 100922-0". At this point I try to manually click the update button and it seems to be fine but again I get the same message that I am out of date...Current version: 100909-1, Release Date: September 9, 2010.

Can someone tell me what is going wrong here. I did not have this problem with the previous Avast Version. This has been happening since I updated the program. 

Thank you for any light you may shed on this situation,
Vanessa

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Vrius Definitions Out of Date - HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 06:07:18 PM »
what avast! version do you have ? latest is 5.0.677

Is your system time / day / month / year correct ? if not adjust and reboot

have you tried avast! repair and reboot ?
For a repair of avast. Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow

nesschap

Re: Vrius Definitions Out of Date - HELP
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 04:06:25 AM »
Thank you soooo much!!!  I did have the latest version..I did have the correct year date and day...so I followed the repair instructions, rebooted and I'm good to go...your the best!!!

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: Vrius Definitions Out of Date - HELP
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 11:00:39 AM »
Hello nesschap,

Now that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you.  :)