Author Topic: Doesn't recognise password  (Read 3675 times)

manyme

Doesn't recognise password
« on: September 25, 2010, 11:18:42 PM »
My Avast has just been (auto)updated ... and now it doesn't recognise the password I had put into it.

I get a message now that says my system is unsecured, but I cannot access the user interface bec my password is no longer recognised.

Help!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Doesn't recognise password
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:24:08 PM »
You could delete the file aswResp.dat from <avast>\Data folder.
You'll need to boot as an administrator and use Unlocker to do that.
I'm not sure you can circumvent the self-defense module of avast though...
Other only solution would be uninstall/boot/install again/boot.
The best things in life are free.

ckiwi

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »
Hi Tech, just wanted to check out the Unlocker you have suggested and the screen is red and says it is unsafe?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
Hi Tech, just wanted to check out the Unlocker you have suggested and the screen is red and says it is unsafe?
Who is blocking it? WOT? Any Firefox addon?

ckiwi

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 09:38:41 PM »
That is not what I see from here. ccollomb.free.fr. website unsafe and do not continue. Reported by MS for containing threats. Is that what u meant? Then a drop down arrow-More info. I didnt go there.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:45:39 PM »
It comes with some add-ons, a toolbar and ebay shortcut (both of which you can opt out of) I believe, so some consider these to be unwanted. Unwanted or not they can be deselected in the install options.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ckiwi

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 10:35:52 PM »
First, sorry for being in this thread. DavidR, if your statement is for me, I was just clicking on the link "Unlocker" that Tech posted and I do not get the same screen shot. To make it clearer to me, you are saying my computer is blocking this site and does not get blocked from other peoples computers? Hope you get the screen shot as this is my first time doing this. Sorry again for being in this thread manyme and others.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 10:48:19 PM »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 11:48:48 PM »
First, sorry for being in this thread. DavidR, if your statement is for me, I was just clicking on the link "Unlocker" that Tech posted and I do not get the same screen shot. To make it clearer to me, you are saying my computer is blocking this site and does not get blocked from other peoples computers? Hope you get the screen shot as this is my first time doing this. Sorry again for being in this thread manyme and others.

Yes it was for you, I though it was because you had downloaded the actual unlocker application. Not being blocked by your browser IE and I think it is perhaps being a little over sensitive.

See http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/ccollomb.free.fr results of checks on the site and only one HpHosts says anything is detected and HpHosts can be a little paranoid at times. So I don't know if IE gets its info from the HpHosts also.

No problem connecting to that site with firefox and it uses the google safe browsing function for checking bad sites.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security