Author Topic: Another Blocked POP3 Server  (Read 1979 times)

smcilree

Another Blocked POP3 Server
« on: November 04, 2010, 01:10:55 AM »
In an earlier thread, Alexzorg reported that his POP3 server had been blocked by what he finally traced to the avast! Mail Shield. He says he has experienced this problem for several days.

I would like to report that starting yesterday afternoon I began experiencing the same problem. I could not connect with my POP3 server using Thunderbird, Windows Mail or telnet. I was able to ping the server, but not connect to port 110. After several hours of troubleshooting between myself and my mail provider's support staff, I finally pinpointed the source of the problem as the avast! Mail Shield.

Completely turning off avast!, turning off all shields, and turning off the Mail Shield alone all make the POP3 server accessible. Please note igor, whether you believe it or not, the Mail Shield is blocking access to servers.

JELCOMPT

Re: Another Blocked POP3 Server
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 02:17:51 AM »
I confirm I also have the same problem since 30th Oct. Unless I un-tick incoming mail shield, I cannot receive my enmail from a POP3 server into Outlook - outgoing mails are OK however. I have only just identified this as the source of the problem.