Author Topic: Avast on startup  (Read 2758 times)

viclewis

Avast on startup
« on: August 05, 2004, 11:26:50 PM »
Just recently my avast latest program will not load the resident protection scanners.  I have uninstalled and re-installed Avast Home and entered my license code.  The programs works but when I reboot I get the circle wilth the diagonal red stripe on  the avast icon.When I right click on the icon and click on "On access-protection control" I get a rpc error.
I have unloaded all my start up items except for Avast but I get the same results. Here is an of the error I receive.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Avast on startup
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 05:47:53 AM »
Do you have any other antivirus installed in your computer? Did you have in the past?
Are both of avast services starting automatically with Windows (Administrative Tools > Services)?
The best things in life are free.

webhostau

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 08:15:53 AM »
I installed this beauty and love it to peices. Try uninstalling all the protecction then install avast. Its simply a blast of a thing.. oh ye

cheers :D

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 03:54:36 PM »
@viclewis

Download my avast! External Control Utility from www.security-ops.tk,run it and use avast! Status Info. When you see the info page simply click Dump to Log and post info that was written to the log here (log was dumped to your desktop).

Thanks
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog