Author Topic: My Host file has been Modified, what is causing this? All Scans are clean-Help!  (Read 15098 times)

Jahn

Attach the files in reply(ies) to this topic.
Jahn
Thank U, I thought of that, but was not sure if anyone would want me to do it that way. Give me a few minutes and I will have them to you!
Lady GaGa  :) I am a Newbie so bear with me...LOL

Do you want me to just post them in General or in a reply to U???????

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:40:44 PM by Jahn »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
No problems, that is a forum limitation unfortunately 

Lady GaGa

Jahn
Listen I took and copied & Pasted the OTL.TXT into wordpad so that it opens in Word, and did a word count, and it is 17,747 words....so to break it up and name it OTL1.Txt,OTL2.txt etc...is going to take a while. I am house & dog sitting for 3 dogs for my daughter, so I am back and forth from my Condo to her House. I will work on getting it divided up within notepad.txt files 1,2,3, etc.....it will be about 16 txt documents doing it that way. I have to go now to my daughters house to feed the dogs and will be gone for about 3 hours. I will work on it and get it posted in replies as soon as I can. Thanks for all ur help! PS: when u log back into the forum as I see u r offline now, can u find out the exact amount of words u can submit in one reply for me? I thought it said 10,000, but it could have been 1,000 words????? That would help me greatly.
Lady GaGa

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
upload to Mediafire and post the sharing link.

This means that you can do it in one go without breaking it up or word counting  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You have some confusion about the two methods of a) copying and pasting and b) attaching a file, they use different measures. I have copied my response to your other Topic.

Its 10000 characters I believe not words, this is however if you are pasting in the post. Attaching a file is not limited by characters but by how big in KB it is. Your problem in the other topic relating to this issue really could have been covered there, as everyone would know why you need this.

You can't post or attach the otl.txt file because it is too big do as has been suggested and break it into to roughly equal parts (otl1.txt and otl2.txt). Open the original otl.txt file and using the Slider to the right drag it down to about halfway. Copy everything above that point into to otl1.txt and copy everything below that point into to otl2.txt.

Now you should be able to attach these two smaller files otl1.txt into one post and olt2.txt into a second post.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Lady GaGa

:D
Jahn
Here are the 2 OTL files, as I had to make 2 notepad files since it was over the KB limit. I will also do as suggested by essexboy via mediafire and upload the whole OTL.txt orginal file unbroken up. Thanks for everyone's help.
Lady GaGa
Whenu click on additional options to attach a file this is what it says:
Allowed file types: txt, jpg, gif, png, log
Maximum attachment size allowed: 200 KB, per post: 4

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
DataUpload.job
ConfigExec.job

I noticed these two tasks running - do you recognise them

I will wait for the entire log before I can see what else is there

Lady GaGa

OTL.txt file via Mediafire
Sharing url: http://www.mediafire.com/?wh1fj4wtdy4yt

Thanks Lady GaGa

Lady GaGa

Essexboy
I do not know what these two are?????? I posted the sharing url for mediafire with the OTL.txt file I did it in a reply, should I just do a new Post and name it OTL.txt file or what? Please take a look at it, I am hoping I did the OTL Scan right, as when I read the instructions on how to run the scan and to save the Scan.txt file to ur desktop, no such file was available after the scan to save, so I did a scan with the default standard output and the minimal output, I did get the OTL.txt file and the extras.txt, a little confusing on the instructions, and I run not ur average scans sometimes, so usually I can understand the instructions...but these ???

DataUpload.job
ConfigExec.job

I noticed these two tasks running - do you recognise them

I will wait for the entire log before I can see what else is there

Lady GaGa

OTL.txt sharing URL:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wh1fj4wtdy4yt
Hope this helps get me the help I need. Just got on the PC a few mins. ago. Will check back later and see anyone that has been trying to help me, has had time to look at OTL.txt file and give me guidance.
Thanks to All,
Lady GaGa

Lady GaGa

My Host file has been modified again, since this post and 8 viruses have been found:
Probably DLOADER.Trojan were found with a program I use when my computer is acting funny and none of my programs find anything - it is DoctorWeb Scanner(Free)Dr. Cureit, and it always finds things. I have Avast 5.0, Spybot, and Malwarebytes on my PC, and none of them picked up anything. Is this Trojan what is modifying my Host file? I submitted an OTL.txt and haven't received any new replies lately. I need help, how bad of a security risk is it when my host file is modified, as I know this maps your name to your IP address? I do internet banking and am worried of the security risk. I have quarantined the above. I need help here, anyone willing to help me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Lady GaGa