Author Topic: Avast on Android  (Read 19252 times)

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
Re: Avast on Android
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 03:32:58 AM »
omg i have opened a can of worms lol !!!!

thank you all for your input and advice, SafeSurf if you could help with any info regarding how to stop running procesess i don't need or even know that are running i would appreciate it, need to charge phone every day and not using it that much!!

hmmmm maybe i should go back to 2 cans and a piece of string :)

SafeSurf

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 08:06:51 AM »
hmmmm maybe i should go back to 2 cans and a piece of string :)
I thought of that myself some days ::knocking my head against a wall::

Right now I'm testing an iPhone4, so I don't have an Android in front of me, so I'm going from memory (I can only test 1 phone at a time).  If you go into Settings, there should be something about what apps are running; if you can't find it, go through each one and you will eventually find it.  I was really surprised to see which ones are automatically turned on!  So I disabled everything except the ones I needed.  As I recall, I had to click (touch) 2 or 3 screens to get to this...it's well hidden.  Of course you could always download the > 230 pdf pages of instruction manual if they didn't include the CD with your phone like they did to me. >:(  But I figured it out on my own plus more.

You can also get rid of the widgets that your vendor sends you (if they do) onto your other homepage to try and get you to buy stuff but pressing and holding down the widget until it changes color, then drag it down to the trash can at the bottom of the screen (it changes to a red color).

I don't know how long you have your phone set before it goes to sleep, but that may help keep your battery last longer too.  When I initially got my phone, I did the full discharge/charge and that seems to help, but some say you really don't need to do that.  But definitely turning off unneeded apps will help.  I guess I'll have to get my hands on another Android if you need help.  Let me know.

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 02:57:14 AM »
hi and thank you ...........finding that if i use it for a phone it lasts about 2 days before charging , if i try using apps it goes down real fast (back to cans and string again lol)

would like some help with the menu section, htc or android installed on the phone trials of games which i do not want, can't find a way to get rid of them ???

would love to get rid of the stocks app really don't need that on there....like a damn minefield in here lol

SafeSurf

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 08:38:57 AM »
Hi SUSZANNAH,

Perhaps you can read through the User Manual for your phone: http://www.htc.com/europe/userguide.aspx?p_id=312.  Your answers should be there, and if not, you can contact their tech. support or the HTC forum.

I do know that with the unwanted app. on most HTC phones, you can hold the widget down and drag it down to the bottom which then changes to a red recycle bin.  But try looking at the User Manual to be more specific for your phone and to answer all your questions.  Let us know how you do.  I do apologize for not having a phone in front of me but I can only test one at a time.

I also opened up a Smart Phone thread for general issues, security/malware, and updates/news on the Avast forum: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=65103.0.  Feel free to contribute.  Thanks.  :)