Author Topic: avast! 5 small business console, part 2  (Read 7768 times)

Offline 1tb

avast! 5 small business console, part 2
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:11:50 PM »
Hi VLK, when will you be giving us part 2? It's been a long time between drinks!  ???

jdthird

Re: avast! 5 small business console, part 2
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:21:11 PM »
Here here!  I've been looking and waiting, even the blog posts about "avast 5 server will be released this summer" are clearly outdated and not accurate, would be great for those of us who have to deal with client networks to have a better idea of what's going on.

I have a LOT of sites using Webroot corporate that I want to migrate away, but if the ADNM never gets done for V5, then I'm going to be stuck with a few thousand client seats all over the place that are still going to have to use Webroot.  I really don't want that...

wpn

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 12:33:41 AM »
ive heard rumors about a beta coming soon, possibly in a couple of weeks, dont pin me down on it tho
im looking forward to it, thats for sure

grehund

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 07:56:56 AM »
I too am hanging out for a v5 for our SBS customers! Any word on the progress would be great.

wpn

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:27:53 PM »
I too am hanging out for a v5 for our SBS customers! Any word on the progress would be great.

tho SBC will as far as i know also be the product for SBS servers... Small Business Console is the new name for ADNM.
If i remember the blog posting abuot it correctly its for sites with less then 1000 computers

TSRC Steve

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 09:42:10 PM »
Please, looking forward to using version 5.  SBC (ADNM) is a must for us.

Summer is over and my license expires in the winter for 4.8.  Since there has been no word I don't expect SBC until late in the year.  Because ADNM works with 4.8 will my renewal will most likely be for 4.8.  Do you think Avast will allow for free upgrade to 5 when SBC is ready?

Will we be able to use AIS with SBC?

wpn

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 11:34:50 AM »
if you have a valid v4 license then it was my understanding that it would get upgraded for free to v5...
if anything changed since i heard that then im not aware of it