Author Topic: Free Avast Firewall  (Read 9987 times)

security102

Free Avast Firewall
« on: October 13, 2010, 05:23:41 AM »
I believe that Avast should provide Free Firewall.

What do you think?

security102

Re: Free Avast Firewall
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 05:42:41 AM »
Avast Free Firewall.

Gargamel360

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 05:49:21 AM »
Well, I would certainly appreciate it.   :)

But it is one of the few things that separate the free versions from the paid, and they need some kind of selling point.  So I would not expect to see it. 

security102

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:08:27 AM »
Comodo has free firewall. So, why not Avast release a free version of firewall?

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 07:14:01 AM »
Free firewall is the base product of Comodo.

Free AV is base product of Avast.

Comodo has free TV also, why not Avast?  ;)

and yes, I know AV is free also with Comodo, but why compare them when you can get the best of both companies....for free ???
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:16:41 AM by Gargamel360 »

security102

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 07:27:44 AM »
Because I want to utilize the Avast. Since I have a 3 Years License for ADNM and Net Client Edition. But Net Client Edition has no firewall.

GloobyGoob

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 01:35:20 AM »
No... The firewall needs to remain in the Security Suite or else they'd have no money to support their free products and employees.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 01:42:12 AM »
Its simple. Its would kill the IS product why ? Because they would get the avast! Free then avast! Free Firewall so in that point why have a paid IS when u got all free ? Also that what i see from Comodo.

Comodo for me his paid look like to worth nothing or look like to got anything usefull. Its like you give them money but when u can have the sames features for free. So that why avast! shouldnt do that and im sure they wont kill their business. If you like so much their firewall just wait and see the price when its reduce u can have chance to have better price with avast! than any anti virus business that you will see and that avast! will provide better efficacity in any ways.

Mr.Agent

Dch48

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 07:41:41 AM »
Comodo can give their security apps away for free because they make their money in other ways like selling certificates. Since they took over Verisign, they're probably the largest certificate vendor. Avast! makes their money from the Internet Security Suite so there has to be a reason to upgrade to it from the free AV product. Therefore, don't ever expect to see the Avast! firewall be free.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »
Comodo can give their security apps away for free because they make their money in other ways like selling certificates. Since they took over Verisign, they're probably the largest certificate vendor. Avast! makes their money from the Internet Security Suite so there has to be a reason to upgrade to it from the free AV product. Therefore, don't ever expect to see the Avast! firewall be free.
Well said...
The best things in life are free.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »
Well said...

+1 100% correct ;D
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip