Author Topic: Avast Free Blocking World of Warcraft  (Read 56219 times)

AnotherUser

Re: Avast Free Blocking World of Warcraft
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 12:17:23 AM »
Click on toolbar icon

The orange ball

Don't have an "orange ball".  I did find where it would start a scan and when I cancelled the scan it took me to a "graphical control thingy".  Under menu I found "exclusions" and added what was recommended above (both with and without the "8").
I still cannot log in to WoW.   :(

Crystallyne

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 12:34:35 AM »
I think the quickest, easiest way, is to "Stop On-Access Protection" (that is how it is listed for me using the Free Avast version on Windows XP) -just- long enough to log in.  You can turn it back on after it's logged in and move from character to character, and realm to realm, just fine after that.  It is only during the initial sign in that this is occurring.

Oxiiimoron

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 12:44:53 AM »
I've tried all of the above recommendations, and am still unable to login.  I also tried disabling the shields for 10 minutes (so I could re-enable them as soon as I'd logged in) and it still does not allow me to connect.  It does still show the "Virus" in my Virus Chest.

Any idea when the new version of Avast! will be out? 

Chanra

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 12:53:50 AM »
I have done all the above, with all the suggested extensions. I am running Windows Vista 64 and the free versions of Avast. This is the second time this has happened in the past 6 months to me and it's beyond a joke.
Any DETAILED information on how to deal with this on the free version of Avast would be much appreciated, remembering that not all of us are computer geniuses please. I am not without brainpower but I do not naturally understand all computer terms.
I am highly annoyed, I missed a LK raid *rwar* ;)
Please, some help?

Lazzie

World of Warcraft vs. Avast!
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 12:55:26 AM »
 Greetings.

I've been a steady fan and user of Avast! for several years now. And i've never had any "serious" problems, untill TONITE.
 I play World of Warcraft (WoW) on a daily basis, and often many hours a day. Now, my problem is, i logged on, or tried to at least, my WoW account. But without success... So at first, i figured they were doing maintenance on their servers, but then it hit me, they useually do that midweek, not on the weekends... So i tried to log on, yet again... And again... And tried opening ports in my firewall... Tried changing password on my account, and so on, and so on... But nothing helped... Started getting frustraded... I tried contacting their support team... Tried talking to friends... But still nothing... Then FINALLY... After searching forums, and god knows where else, for up to 5 hours, i FINALLY found a thread with this issue... And the solution, if you can call it that... Was to "Disable" avast! so you can log on ? - And despite my better judgement, i figured.... Hell, let's give it a try, because i was about out of ideas... And bingo... I logged right on, without a hitch...

Now... WHAT THE... I mean... Do i have to make my computer a pitfall for viruses and what nots, in order for me to play my game ? What ya all playing at ? - Fix it, PLEASE !

But apart from that... Thanks for a wonderfull program, and kindly keep up the good work !!!

Chanra

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2010, 12:57:59 AM »
I don't have an orange ball either, it's a blue ball!

DangerDan

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2010, 01:02:30 AM »
This problem is also happening for starcraft 2 and all Bnet games.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 01:04:07 AM »
It should be fixed with the 101002-2 VPS update. Update your virus definitions manually.

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:09:47 AM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Gargamel360

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2010, 01:09:52 AM »
As Red said, the evening VPS update (virus definitions) should fix the FP, as already stated.

If you deleted the file, I have no idea what that could do to your game, best contact Blizz about the consequences of deleting it.

If you have a blue ball you are using old Avast! 4.8, you might think about updating to version5 next time you get spare.

DangerDan

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2010, 01:16:24 AM »
Ah i can be of help with this now. To repair world of warcraft either reinstall (takes for ever) Or you could try using the World of Warcraft repair tool.

Gargamel360

Re: World of Warcraft vs. Avast!
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 01:16:52 AM »
. Started getting frustraded... I tried contacting their support team... Tried talking to friends... But still nothing... Then FINALLY... After searching forums, and god knows where else, for up to 5 hours, i FINALLY found a thread with this issue... And the solution, if you can call it that... Was to "Disable" avast! so you can log on ?

Try to keep all in one thread, please>>http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=64619.0

Do not throw anything at me, I know what happens when you get between someone and their WoW, ;) but the solution is to stop playing WoW until the next definition update (Gargamel ducks thrown object), or exclude the false positive in expert settings of the Avast! shield that detected it.

Gargamel360

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 01:19:27 AM »
Ah i can be of help with this now. To repair world of warcraft either reinstall (takes for ever) Or you could try using the World of Warcraft repair tool.

Thanks, hopefully that helps anyone who deleted  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: World of Warcraft vs. Avast!
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 02:14:50 AM »
Have you got the latest virus definitions update, 101002-2 as this should have a fix for this problem.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Dch48

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2010, 05:07:49 AM »
I play WoW every day and have not had the issue at all.

Offline Sirmer

• Avast team
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2010, 08:24:12 AM »
Hello,
It was fixed in 100202 VPS.
Best regards
Jan Sirmer