Author Topic: Avast Free Blocking World of Warcraft  (Read 56218 times)

bks

Re: Avast Free Blocking World of Warcraft
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 12:44:09 AM »
There is a long thread about this on the blizzard forums... all avast users are affected.

lindawing

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2010, 02:38:13 AM »
With the newest version of Avast! that just updated today, the problem is back.

There is a REALLY EASY way to get around this, as the problem file is found within the Application Data cache files (NOT THE ONES IN THE PROGRAM DATA OR THE PROGRAM FILES directories).

In Windows XP, go here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\

You'll see one or more Blizzard Entertainment folders. TRASH ALL OF THEM. Don't worry. When you get logged into the game, the whole folder will be replaced...it's a temporary file.

In Windows Vista, in the Start Menu, use the RUN command, and type this:

C:\Users\TypeYourVistaUserNameHere\AppData\

This will take you to that directory, where you'll see these three folders, in the directory at the left:

Local
LocalLow
Roaming

In that directory, click on "Local" and you'll see (in the righthand pane) all the applications with temporary settings. Find ANY/ALL Blizzard Entertainment folders, and delete them. Don't worry...as with the XP setup, these are temporary files, that the game will replace immediately.

That's it. LOG INTO WoW (or whatever other Blizzard.net game you are wanting to play).

You won't have to do this again until the next Avast! update. If Avast! and Blizzard have solved the FALSE POSITIVE problem, all will be well. If they have NOT solved the problem, you will have to do this step over again. I'm sure the two companies WILL solve the problem soon, permanently. So chill, and do the above steps, and play your game. Hope to see you there! (grin)

I should note that when you get logged in, your computer will sound like it's going CRAZY for a few minutes. Don't worry...this is because it's rebuilding the Blizzard Entertainment file that you deleted, with a nice, fresh copy. In a few minutes, your computer will get back to normal.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:41:52 AM by lindawing »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 03:11:54 AM »
It has been acknowledged and should be resolved in the next VPS update.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

stick666

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »
in my case i play wow in private servers https://www.molten-wow.com/ & http://www.wow-brasil.com/ & tried free wow official trial

in molten-wow avast dosent blocks any thing & in wow-brasil it stops my connection cant pass from login screen & in official trial of wow its works fine.

i tried others private servers and wow-brasil its the only one not working for me.
made test deactivate shields and it worked for wow-brasil i could log in and play.

if any one as a solution for this server pls reply my avast is in Portuguese.

Dch48

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2011, 12:10:33 AM »
I have no problems logging in caused by Avast and never have had. In my opinion though, if you play the game on a private server, you should be prepared to deal with things that don't happen if you go the normal, and proper, route.