Author Topic: network shield blocked access to malicious site.................................  (Read 1789 times)

dolph

Help please - I have been using avast for a long time and all of a sudden I have problems with downloading email attachements - it says no virus detected then when I click download it comes up with the above message and loads of numbers.  I know the attachment is OK cos it is from my work email - I thought it was just my work email it had a problem with but today I had another attachement from a reliable source which has downloaded successfully a couple of weeks ago but now I am getting the same thing.  Any suggestions please - bearing in mind I am not a computer expert

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Is this a BT Yahoo account, if so see this topic http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=64642.0.

If so ensure that you have the latest virus definitions update (101004-1) as the latest one should have resolved that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security