Author Topic: How can I send a virus suspicious to viruses chest?  (Read 4838 times)

XCMDX

How can I send a virus suspicious to viruses chest?
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:18:21 PM »
Hi,
I've a file in my pc that i think that it's a virus. This virus is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\photoshop\photoshop.exe (a extrange directory that is hidden). This begin when I saw that my computer has 2 firefox.exe process and 2 explorer.exe task, if I kill one firefox.exe or explorer.exe (the less bytes), it dont makes diference, but the task run again. With Process Explorer I saw when I kill one of them, the file photoshop.exe execute and then the tasks firefox.exe and explorer.exe run.
The file description is 'cz1Xx72d', and the copiright 'OaVY'.
I want to send it to viruses chest and send it to Avast!Software

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: How can I send a virus suspicious to viruses chest?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »
Go to the virus container and right click there...
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Rick F

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 09:59:18 PM »
Hi,
I've a file on my pc that I think is a virus. This file is in C:\WINDOWS\system32\photoshop\photoshop.exe (a extrange directory that is hidden). This begin when I saw that my computer has 2 firefox.exe process and 2 explorer.exe task, if I kill one firefox.exe or explorer.exe (the less bytes), it dont makes diference, but the task run again. With Process Explorer I saw when I kill one of them, the file photoshop.exe execute and then the tasks firefox.exe and explorer.exe run.
The file description is 'cz1Xx72d', and the copiright 'OaVY'.
I want to send it to viruses chest and send it to Avast!Software

I don't think you can manually move a file to avast's virus chest.  You can upload the file to
http://www.virustotal.com/ and let it be scanned by several AVs.  Then, you can zip the file (right-click; send to 'compressed'; then submit it to avast for analysis.  Send to: 'virus<at>avast<dot>com'.

ImWarm

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 02:54:36 AM »
You can send a file to the chest. Go to the virus chest page, and right click. Then click "add"

Rick F

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 05:16:38 AM »
You can send a file to the chest. Go to the virus chest page, and right click. Then click "add"

You can submit a file to avast that's already in the chest, but the way I read the OP is he wants to 'move a file' from his computer INTO THE CHEST.  Don't know how you can 'right click' on a file when it isn't even in there.  ::)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 10:58:21 AM »

You can submit a file to avast that's already in the chest, but the way I read the OP is he wants to 'move a file' from his computer INTO THE CHEST.  Don't know how you can 'right click' on a file when it isn't even in there.  ::)

You don't right click on a file, you right click in the virus chest..!! (even, if the chest is empty)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Rick F

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »

You don't right click on a file, you right click in the virus chest..!! (even, if the chest is empty)
asyn

Nope, not for me.  'Right-click' on the virus chest just reveals any files that happen to be in the chest already.  No choice to move a file in there.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 05:34:20 PM »
Right Clicking in any part of the chest should produce a drop down list, od which Add is one option, right click on an empty part of the chest and you get the drop down list, but a restricted option set of which Add is one.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Rick F

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »
Thanks David,

At least you explained where to 'right-click' (with image). I got the impression from Asyn that 'right-clicking' on the label' virus chest' would allow you to add a file to the chest.

Thanks again David.  Learned something new today.  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 09:57:38 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security