Author Topic: Server / ADNM / Professional Install questions...  (Read 5051 times)

shankscomp

Server / ADNM / Professional Install questions...
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »
I think I did this wrong...  I've been testing the server edition on one of my servers for the last week.  After I had the server edition on for a couple of days, I installed the ADNM, and pushed the client to 2 workstations...  Seems good so far.... BUT NOW, I purchased my licenses... Here is what I got...
I purchased a "avast 5 PACK Standard Edition" license that I was told would work for my 2 servers.  Then I purchased 65 licenses of the professional edition 4.8 for my workstations.  So, what is the best way to go about this?  My two servers are at two seperate locations connected via a VPN Tunnel.  All the workstations are split between the two locations.

Do I???
1. Remove the server edition off the server, then remove the adnm, and then start from scratch?
or
2. Just add the licenses to each machine manually?

I'm thinking what I need to do....
1. Remove everything completely... Server edition, the 2 agents on my two test computers, and remove adnm from the server....
2. Then, if I ready correctly in one of the forums on here, install the adnm and then push the netserver and netclients to each machine...
3. Then email avast with my two licenses and have them combine them into one to put into the adnm??? But the question would be where do I install those licenses?  And would I have to do that on one adnm, or would I need to have 2 adnm's (one for each location)?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Personally, I've been using avast for years at home, and we at work were forced into using McAfee SaaS by a parent company... But found their crappy software was hurting ALL of our computers, thus we pulled the plug on them and moved to what I hope (for the business) is a much better product.

Thanks
Tim ??? ??? ???

wpn

Re: Server / ADNM / Professional Install questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:18:11 PM »
there is no v5 server edition yet, who told you it would work on the server??

i suggest that you start with a clean slate....
mail the sales department with you customer number(s) from the products you purchased and have them combined
use the removal tool to uninstall any avast installations
reinstall ADNM using the newly received license file from avast.

be happy :D