Author Topic: Submission of suspicious file solicitation  (Read 2041 times)

2nd base

Submission of suspicious file solicitation
« on: October 07, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »
So, i just had a AVAST! pop up that seemed to notify me of a location in the usual Windows XP temporary files directory that had files that were deemed suspicious.

Now, I had already ran CCleaner and rebooted before this pop up occurred and the files technically should have been gone already before the warning made itself apparent.
I don't know that it actually sent those files to AVAST! for further analysis as it stated but I allowed it to send these anyhow.
Assuming they were still there, of course.

The files that it wanted were only temporary files from a radio station in New Mexico that I chose to listen to Coast to Coast AM on. What happens is that the link that opens up the station uses windows media player 11 although to play the show and I saved the "listen Now" link in my favorites and then I just click the link which opens the radio program in the player. It does briefly open up IE 8 though for some reason.
I was wondering about that myself.

Hopefully it's a hiccup or something that AVAST hasn't seen before and is just curious.

Will AVAST let me know or will they just screw with the files, sit on them and not do anything? It's the first warning of any suspicious file that I've ever had through my many years of computing. Go figger.I've never had spyware or a virus of any kind so I assume it's just Avast! learning.

Was listening to ET and free energy technology show too. Maybe it's the men in black being nosy. ::)

2nd base

Re: Submission of suspicious file solicitation
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
Actually, it was "suspicious activity" I think the term avast used was. Not suspicios file.

Can't see how listening to the radio on windows media player is suspicious activity unless they really don't want us to know about ET.  :)

Twighlight zone music playing in the background.....................................

2nd base

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 10:41:11 AM »
Here is the link I use to access the station , btw in case anyone else wants to test to see if they get the same message.

hxxp://67.132.224.126/KENN

And don't even think about it Kenny. I've got like 5 computers and I'm not listing the specs on 5 computers in a signature. Or editing it every time to conform to the computer with a hypothetical issue at hand. Not that I don't see you're point, I'm just sayin. I'm not.... So don't go there..... Again......
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:34:34 PM by 2nd base »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:06:12 PM »
- Please 'modify' your post change the URL from http to hXXp or www to wXw, to break the link and avoid accidental exposure to suspect sites, thanks.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security