Author Topic: Three Questions: AVAST 5.0  (Read 2050 times)

Tiago44

Three Questions: AVAST 5.0
« on: October 05, 2010, 05:20:20 PM »
I have just installed AVAST 5.0

How many pc's may I install it on?

Are there any special instructions on removing MSSEC.exe from my laptop in order to install AVAST 5.0?

I have installed AVAST 5.0 on my XP Home OS, may I install the second on my laptop Windows 7?

I have the license copied to a stick along with the installation program.  Is this all I need?  Four questions.......I thank you very much. Tiago44

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Three Questions: AVAST 5.0
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 05:22:23 PM »
The license could be for one computer or for three computers?
Which is your license plan?
The best things in life are free.

Tiago44

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 05:25:02 PM »
I think I saw 3, but I don't know how to get back to that information.  I saved the link, but it disappeared as such, and now it is a welcome page. I will go ahead and try after removing mssec.exe however, I am most interested in any information on removing it from my Windows 7..........It gave a lot of problems on my XP Home tower.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:28:39 PM by Tiago44 »

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:13:35 AM »

Welcome to the forums, Tiago44   :)

Do you have Avast Free or do you have Avast Pro ?

Tiago44

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 05:22:29 PM »
Pro.  Everything is resolved, and everything works just fine.  I did not know I had the information in the downloads from AVAST.  Mine is for 3 computers, I have two, so this is great.  I just went ahead and removed mssec.exe from the laptop, and installed my AVAST 5.0.  It works swell.  I have seen online how other folks have had serious problems removing mssec.exe on XP Home.  My problem was finally resolved when I installed the free version of AVAST which automatically removed the pesky, lagging behind file from it.  Thank you, and I am going to post another question on chkdsk after looking through searched items.  If I find the answer, then I will not post, right?! Right!

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 04:24:50 AM »

Great ... glad you found the answer.   :)