Author Topic: avast sounds how can i play them ?  (Read 3547 times)

gamesfan

avast sounds how can i play them ?
« on: October 10, 2010, 05:25:29 PM »
hi every 1 i jus installed the lanuage pack with the pirate voice  thing rather than the female voice its installed ok. but how can i listen to the pirate voice.   also in troubleshooting do i leave the box checked or unchecked that says skip checking of digetal signatues of infected files.   i think only the 1st to boxes in there need checking 1st 1 says enable rootkit scan on system start up.  and 2nd box says enable raw disk access during avast boot time scan. so are these the only 1st to boxes that need checking and the rest unchecked. greatful 4 all the help thx.

spg SCOTT

Re: avast sounds how can i play them ?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »
You ca find the sound files for the pirate version here:

XP                --> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Alwil Software\Avast5\sounds\1909   
Vista (onwards)   --> C:\ProgramData\Alwil Software\Avast5\sounds\1909

As for the settings in the troubleshooting section, the default settings should be ok as they are.
I am not sure whether I have tweaked those settings, but the 1st, 2nd, and 4th ones are checked for me.

Scott

gamesfan

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 05:42:51 PM »
thx 4 that i think i have the same ones as u ticked i jus checked and i do. also heared the files pirate thx for that. as i installed them now rather than the female voice the pirate should kick in now when avast updates thx again.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 06:31:09 PM »
You're welcome :)