Author Topic: New free home edition not being able to access internet, blocking outbound mail  (Read 2179 times)

mikef1234

I down loaded the latest free version and first found my out going e-mail blocked by avast. I turned off the outbound scan...who needs it right? Then I can not access the internet... it blocks it. Somewhere I read possible reconfiguring the firewall? Can anyone help me? Everytime I consider buying the better product something like this pops up...bad for sales !   >:(

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Who needs it right, you do.
Should your system ever get a hidden/undetected trojan spambot, the first indication of the fact you are sending out spam could well be the Mail Shield intercepting outbound email for scanning. I would go a step further and suggest you set the Sensitivity to High.

What is your email program ?

So you really need to find out why the outbound email isn't working:
There is a possibility it is the firewall blocking, but if you can receive inbound email, then that is less likely to be the problem.

- avast! 5.x: SSL Problems The Mail Shield may not scan some e-mails - see http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=458.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security