Author Topic: How long should it take to get an 'URGENT' support ticket looked at?  (Read 2236 times)

jeanuk53

I posted on 10 Oct saying that I was unable to install Internet Security 5 on my PC.  Some kind people came up with some suggestions but unfortunately none of them have worked so I submitted a ticket on 10/10 marked URGENT.  As at yesterday (12/10) my ticket did not appear to have even been looked at.  I submitted a further ticket marked EMERGENCY saying that I currently had no AV on my PC because I had removed my previous AV to install Avast but as I had been able to get the thing to install I was without any protection.

Still today I've heard nothing from the Support Team.  Are they usually this useless?  Is there somewhere I can complain about this?

Thanks
Jean McCarthy   

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: How long should it take to get an 'URGENT' support ticket looked at?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 01:23:57 PM »
Maybe you can post the reasons why the installation failed...
Which were your old antivirus and firewall? Any other security program?
Which Windows do you have?
The best things in life are free.

jeanuk53

Re: How long should it take to get an 'URGENT' support ticket looked at?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 01:51:27 PM »
Hi Tech

Thanks for responding.  I think you can see most of the problems and answers given under my previous post - subject line  PROBLEMS INSTALLING/RUNNING AVAST INTERNET SECURITY  - on 9 October to save me typing them all.  I've never had a problem like this before and I've downloaded quite a few different types of program.  I'm just so angry that the support centre can leave me without any protection after I've paid out £52 for it. I have sent a message via their online contact form but I'm not holding my breath for a prompt reply.

many thanks
Jean