Author Topic: Avast Error on update killed my system aswsnx.sys  (Read 9800 times)

colm

Re: Avast Error on update killed my system aswsnx.sys
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 06:06:13 PM »
nice 1 I am backing up as we speak !! I've learned something really handy there I appriecaite that thanks :)

hopefully now if i see they fix this I can test it with out the worry of loss!  8)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
nice 1 I am backing up as we speak !! I've learned something really handy there I appriecaite that thanks :)

You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

DonZ63

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 01:48:19 AM »
I use Paragon, btw.
So do I. But I never create or restore an image out of windows. I always use their bootable CD WIN PE version. I never had a bad image backup or restore using it. I do have the 9.0 Pro version and it wasn't cheap.

colm

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »
a cd would be too small for me my basic set up start point was 64gb,, so I put it on a  external drive that image programme was very easy to use too im well impressed i can now simply restore all in one go if it gos wrong again

Do avast programmers use theese threads or is it more of a help forum for virus than actually fixing bugs?? As so far no avast person has said if they have or are going to fix this problem? 

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »
Do avast programmers use theese threads or is it more of a help forum for virus than actually fixing bugs?? As so far no avast person has said if they have or are going to fix this problem?
This section of the forum (virus and worms) is for solving virus problems

bug fix is over here -  avast! Free/Pro/Suite    http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0

colm

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »
I've never been on here so dont know how it all works ,,,

could a moderator or admin or something please move this over to bug fixs for me then please so I might  get some ones attention?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 01:02:58 PM »
as they monitor the forum they have already seen it...

colm

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
It would be nice for one of the avast team to let me know if they are leaving it,, fixing it or what ever

some kind of feedback would be good really

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »
They may do that, but if you scroll  through  the section i linked to, you will see that there is lots of bugs reported so i guess they are busy...and cant respond to everyone

colm

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »
Its a shame really I like the programme and like the way they have this kind of forum where people all chip in trying to help out to improve it and keep it up to date

I've had to look else where for now as i simply cant use avast without the error or crashing ym system,, I've just got AVG as I cant use a bugged programme so I guess I will have to do that instead of use avast like I have been for the last 2-3 years,, I'd prefere to stay with avast but something like this will prberly put me off for good to be honest