Author Topic: Scan Threat  (Read 46764 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Scan Threat
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2010, 09:41:36 PM »
For sure - it was removed from the start here topic as malware started moving system files to the temp files area so we did not clear the temps until we are happy

Clear Cache/Temp Files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.  Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

AKatRT

« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2010, 09:29:24 AM »
Thank you. Now what I did have last night was that it shut down windows and then prompted to start windows after which it went through a chkdsk procedure. It mumbled something about needing to address C: and NFTS and Vista and one of the discs needing to be checked for consistency. It ran the chkdsk utility indicating that it was recovering lost and orphaned files and that it was correcting errors. Seems to run normally again now. Should I worry? Thanks.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2010, 09:28:16 PM »
No that usually happens if the system does not shut down correctly - not a problem  ;D

AKatRT

« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2010, 10:51:11 PM »
Ah, good, thank you. I suppose we're all stable here then. Indebted! Thanks!