Author Topic: avast! decided to block my internet  (Read 7168 times)

12-es_csaj

Re: avast! decided to block my internet
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 10:38:07 PM »
But lots of avast! user don't know this.
So one person register more than once.
Actual number of avast! user base is not 130 M

Mr.Agent

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »
Well if they dont know this its because they dont asked on the forum, support or they dont search enought on the site.

For the base i cant say anything on this. Maybe an avast! team members could help you on this case.

Mr.Agent

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 10:59:20 PM »
Then in a few weeks, you can post your problems to the MSE forums. ;D  Don't forget to tell them about McAfee and Avast being installed beforehand.
+1

@12-es_csaj
If avast! is a really buggy software then there would be more than 130 million very unhappy users!

Over 130 million reasons why avast! is the most popular
http://blog.avast.com/2010/09/16/defining-popularity-among-antivirus-programs

+2

Hurrah for pictures.
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 11:36:06 PM »
Then in a few weeks, you can post your problems to the MSE forums. ;D  Don't forget to tell them about McAfee and Avast being installed beforehand.
+1

@12-es_csaj
If avast! is a really buggy software then there would be more than 130 million very unhappy users!

Over 130 million reasons why avast! is the most popular
http://blog.avast.com/2010/09/16/defining-popularity-among-antivirus-programs

I have already read this post on the blog.  ;)
avast! has 130 registered users, and it isn't the current user base, is it?
For example I had to register in Septemer 2009 when I put avast on my pc, I had to register in January, when I got the laptop (I didn't know that the old key would have been o.k.) and I had to register when I reinstalled avast! in September. It is 3 installation in 1 year. So I am 3 users??
And think of it: you have to register every year. When the registration expires, lots of people make a completely new registration.

When you register over again, as long as you use the same email address and information, it still counts as one user.  Avast update servers are likely set up so that they know how many licenses routinely update daily.  Besides, you are not 3 users; not even one anymore because you said you removed it.  If that is true, update your forum signature removing the Avast line.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

12-es_csaj

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 11:53:39 PM »
I didn't have any internet when I had MSE. So I installed avast! again. Now I hav avast and not MSE.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 12:34:33 AM »
For heavens sake, just run the McAfee uninstaller.
It will take less time out of your life than the time spent reading the replies in this thread.

If there is still a problem, try a complete removal of Avast (from add/remove programs, then run the uninstall utility, then reboot and install from a new installation file).

If there are still problems after that, then come back with the problem.
All this talk about the numbers of happy users is just a red herring. (But there are a lot.)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.