Author Topic: please clarify terms of free license  (Read 2394 times)

pgb

please clarify terms of free license
« on: October 18, 2010, 05:34:59 PM »
Hi

I'm using Avast! 4 on my home desktop personal use computer (and am perfectly happy with it!)

My wife also has a home, personal use, desktop computer; we live in the same house, and share the same internet connection using a router. At the moment she's using AVG, but AVG is nagging her to upgrade and I don't like the new version "AVG2011".

Would it be OK for her to install Avast! on her computer (as well as me using it on mine)? - or would this contravene the terms of the free license?

I've read the EULA several times but cannot fathom the answer to this question - sorry if I'm being stupid - just want to make certain sure how we stand. Never was much good with legalese!

TIA and best wishes, pgb

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: please clarify terms of free license
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 05:39:44 PM »
Would it be OK for her to install Avast! on her computer (as well as me using it on mine)? - or would this contravene the terms of the free license?
avast! free is free for home use, so you can put it on all your home PC ( avast! Free Antivirus is free only for personal and non-commercial use. )

Remember to uninstall the AV you are using before installing avast!
it is recomended to run a removal tool for that AV so all leftovers after the uninstall is gone
you can find one here http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/

How to register avast! free
On-line registration is very simple and it's the preferred method for all users of avast Free Antivirus 5.x installed on a computer with standard Internet connectivity.
To perform on-line registration follow these steps:
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=459

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:44:45 PM by Pondus »

pgb

Re: please clarify terms of free license
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 05:45:09 PM »
Hi Pondus

thanks for the clarification :) I thought that's what it *probably* meant - your reply has put my mind at rest

very best wishes, pgb