Author Topic: Is U.A.E.'s (Dubai) No. 2 Portal (Dubizzle.com) Infected by Trojan???  (Read 9856 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Is U.A.E.'s No. 2 Portal (Dubizzle.com) Infected by Trojan???
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 09:43:15 AM »
The URL in the avast! warning is different then the one you posted. I get nothing on the one you posted but the one in the avast! warning gives this

VirusTotal - top_1286364087.js - 3/43
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=c5ec8fd089c4d45551b2abc9082744ba4ca673da3d62a3e8e5d3a93b8291baff-1286917346

Confirmed malware, Norman will ad detection for - top_1286364087.js - Processed - JS/Agent.HJ
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:08:18 AM by Pondus »

Art_2010

Re: Is U.A.E.'s (Dubai) No. 2 Portal (Dubizzle.com) Infected by Trojan???
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 05:43:37 AM »
According to all those experts who lent their time checking this issue it was confirmed that there was a malicious code (malware) embedded on this website on the date that this topic was posted.  But as of this writing I didn’t get anymore the same warning that I’d experienced two days ago.  If it was fixed or not I don’t know since Dubizzle didn’t issue anything about it?

If indeed it was fixed, we didn’t know when they’d put a stop on it and when they got aware of its occurrence?  Dubizzle didn’t post something about the malicious threat probably because of fear of the negative effects of the problem or I just missed the news regarding this?

If they will just go on silent mode and will not admit that their website had been compromised then people who experienced the issue will still have some questions in their minds.

Came across with this Symantec’s article regarding the “Pay Per Install – The New Malware Distribution Network - http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/pay-install-new-malware-distribution-network”, I hope this is not the case on some of the popular portals which resorts in this kind of cheap methods in order to gain more profits?

What would you think guys? ???
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:47:57 AM by Art_2010 »

Dubizzle

Re: Is U.A.E.'s (Dubai) No. 2 Portal (Dubizzle.com) Infected by Trojan???
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 08:42:47 AM »
Hello Folks,

I'm an official representative of Dubizzle.com and I thought I should send a clarification regarding this issue here.

Dubizzle.com is not infected by any Trojan, thus the new Avast definitions update conflicted with the order we loaded our libraries so you may get alerted by Avast when you try to access Dubizzle.com

In the meanwhile, we have updated our code until the conflict is fixed.

Please feel free to report any issue on Dubizzle to support@dubizzle.com

We respond really fast.  :)

Thank you.