Author Topic: Help Closing Avast  (Read 5606 times)

firstbizzy

Help Closing Avast
« on: October 16, 2010, 12:16:31 AM »
Hi, I am having problems closing Avast and need help. Im trying to download AVG but it wont install because avast was open. I kept trying to close out avast but it said access denied. It wont let me uninstall it either.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Help Closing Avast
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:32:34 AM »
Having two resident scanners installed is one too many and not recommended as rather than provide twice the protection it can cause conflicts that could leave you more vulnerable. So you really have to make up your mind which you are going to keep as you should only have one resident AV and uninstall the other.

What errors are you getting when you tried to a) closing it and b) when you tried to uninstall it ?

It sounds like you have somehow corrupted the installation if you can uninstall it from windows add remove programs.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.8 and 5.0). It has to be run from safe mode.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wpn

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »
why would you want to install an inferior product?? :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:40:32 PM »
why would you want to install an inferior product?? :)
In features, most probably.
In detection, hmmm, some tests show the opposite.
http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/rap-index.xml
The best things in life are free.