Author Topic: avast5 crashing streaming media  (Read 3015 times)

mwilg

avast5 crashing streaming media
« on: October 21, 2010, 05:31:08 PM »
avast5 pro crashes every time I start a streaming video in IE! I believe Hulu and FOX News websites use Flash 10. Doesn't look like I can attach a screen shot, but the error is:

The instruction at "0x65104530" referenced memory at "0x074e295a". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

(my note: Clicking CANCEL does nothing) avast5 does not completely crash; I have to click on the system tray icon, open the interface, and click 'Fix now'. avast5 then restarts.

avast4 pro did not have this problem. I renewed (and had to update from avast4 to avast5) a couple of weeks ago.
IE version 7 (don't particularly want 8; it's got even more problems!). Have not been able to recreate in Firefox or Chrome

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: avast5 crashing streaming media
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 06:39:43 PM »
I think your problem is more than likely due to you running outdated version of explorer, iv never had problems with ie8 which im still using on my xp machine. You may wish to update to xp sp3 if you have not done this also.

YoKenny

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:21:06 PM »
I think your problem is more than likely due to you running outdated version of explorer, iv never had problems with ie8 which im still using on my xp machine. You may wish to update to xp sp3 if you have not done this also.

See:
Support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 ends on July 13, 2010
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/lifean31

mwilg

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 11:16:12 PM »
Yeh, upgrading to SP3 is a whole different can of worms that could have cost me money...long story, anyway, I'll take another look at IE8 then, tks.