Author Topic: I'm worried?  (Read 1754 times)

Amateurr

I'm worried?
« on: October 22, 2010, 06:17:20 AM »
Hello forum avast, I'm really worried about something. First of all, earlier today, I had a insane virus that infected my computer. (I didn't download anything, my AV shut off, Malwarebytes, and spybot SnD) I reinstalled them via USB and ran them. After deleting countless viruses in safe mode, I couldn't restart my computer and I was forced to reformat my computer ;(. I reinstalled Avast, Malwarebytes, and Spybot Snd. Almost immidiately, I scanned with Malwarebytes and it found HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\forceclassicc registry was infect or something. THIS WAS AFTER I REFORMATTED could the virus be transferred AFTER i reformatted? Or was it just leftover harmless registry?

Thanks.

P.S Is it possible the virus infected my USB? (I disconnected the internet) I also recall having my windows essentials (what is this) popping up saying something about Itunes was infected... Possibly a virus from my Ipod touch or something? Thanks again.

Note: It's late where I am right now and I have school in the morning. If you need any other information please post and I'll reply tomorrow after school.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:26:54 AM by Amateurr »

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: I'm worried?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 08:43:57 AM »
welcome to the forum.

could you please post the result of the malwarebyte scan here so we can have a look one it.

are your computer running ok now after you removed the infections with malwarebytes?

i tips is to remove spybot for programs like superantispyware. for spybot is not that good anymore there behind in detection.

plus avast have inbuilt antispyware protection

the infection could have come from the usb in the first place.

you could try a program like panda usb antivirus to scan your usb and see if it is infected. meaby iven your ipod to i think it will take.

http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/downloads/usbvaccine/   

this is what i can give as tips hopefully someone else is checking an adding tips to you.

in the mean will good luck and let us know how it goes
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM