Author Topic: Avast vs. Avira  (Read 29034 times)

spede1

Re: Avast vs. Avira
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 12:06:40 AM »
I've never needed much support from antivirus companies but it would seem Avast has one of the best support teams.  As a customer, post-support really means a lot. Norton, McAfee and some of the other more well know companies have terrible support, I'm not familiar with how helpful Avira is but I would choose Avast over Avira any day.

BobbyZee67

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 02:12:19 AM »

For what it's worth,I've previously used both the Avira Security Suite and Antivir Personal and I was always having problems. With the
  Security Suite it was mainly FP's and with Antivir,it was the updating. Back then,my computing knowledge was zilch so maybe I might
  have stayed with Avira if I'd have known a little more then and had the Avira forums support had been a little more helpful!

I've gone from Avast to Avira,dabbled with MSE and now back with Avast5 which runs seamlessly with Malwarebytes(Full),Superantispyware
  and Vista FW and when I've felt the need to contact Avast forums, good friendly advice has always been available. I'm sure,both have
  their pros and cons but as David said in his earlier reply,helpful and friendly support is essential to those of us who are not as
  technically "savvy" as some others.

Best Wishes to all,

BobbyZee67

YoKenny

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 02:04:58 PM »
I agree with BobbyZee67 and spede1.

My experience is that Avira Support do not like other applications like WinPatrol nor MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) on the system as they feel thay are the best solution for system protection.  ::)

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 03:03:39 PM »
ladygaga345, Don't waste your time ask this question in avast or Avira forum, they will never give you honest and fair response. in avast! forum you will get answer that avast is best and in Avira forum they will say Avira is best.

Read the test test Results from Fair companies like AV-Test.org and AV-Comparatives.com and also go ask this question in Security forums else than avast and Avira.

My vote for Free antivirus is avast and for paid (and my recommended security solution) is Avira PSS.
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

gillest

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 05:16:11 PM »
+1 ^^^^^^

Mr.Agent

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 06:27:36 PM »
ladygaga345, Don't waste your time ask this question in avast or Avira forum, they will never give you honest and fair response. in avast! forum you will get answer that avast is best and in Avira forum they will say Avira is best.

Read the test test Results from Fair companies like AV-Test.org and AV-Comparatives.com and also go ask this question in Security forums else than avast and Avira.

My vote for Free antivirus is avast and for paid (and my recommended security solution) is Avira PSS.

I like more avast! Internet Security than Avira PSS. As avast! look more for beginners and experts.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2010, 08:46:32 PM »
I like more avast! Internet Security than Avira PSS. As avast! look more for beginners and experts.

That is what Omid meant, you will always get conflicting opinions, simply because everyone's opinion is different.

Personally I don't even bother with the av testing websites, for me it is about personal experience with the software...and I don't believe that anyone can give a completely unbiased response to the question, Which is best?...so it shouldn't be answered. (that's my opinion anyway :P)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:16:07 PM by spg SCOTT »

Mr.Agent

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 09:11:03 PM »
Ok Scott...

I understand now.

BobbyZee67

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »

Bet you didn't guess you would get nearly 40 replies to your question did you ladygaga!!!

Omid,just wanted to say that in my opinion,most replies are neither saying Avira or Avast is the better of the two in how they deal
  with malware. For many people it comes down to help and support from the respective forums and it seems to be in this area that Avast
  has the edge.

At the end of the day,it's down to ladygaga and she should give both programs a run before deciding which to stick with.

Cheers, BobbyZee67