Author Topic: Avast Internet Security wont block dangerous sites ?  (Read 4436 times)

Offline DraKuL

Avast Internet Security wont block dangerous sites ?
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:07:44 AM »
I'm using Avast Internet security 5, started using this because some of my friends recommended it to me, I was using Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 earlier. Anyway does anyone know why this won't block dangerous sites ? ( Scam sites, phishing sites or shock sites - like lemonparty etc) because Kaspersky used to warn me before opening such sites but Avast doesn't seem to notify me even, I went through the settings and couldn't find any settings to block harmful sites, we can only manually add sites.

Does anyone know whether Avast Internet Security blocks these sites? If yes, please tell the settings that i have to change.
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
Re: Avast Internet Security wont block dangerous sites ?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 04:23:57 AM »
avast does block malicious sites, but not "shock" sites
Windows 7 x64 / Windows Firewall OFF / UAC OFF
Real-Time: Avast Internet Security / WinPatrol

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 04:31:48 AM »
May i know the difference betweek Kaskpersky Internet Security 2011 and Avast Internet Security 5 ? ( there is a huge difference in the price!) which is why i chose avast, but after it didnt stop me from opening some shock sites / scam sites which i got my IMs i kind of lost my confidence in this product, is there a huge difference between these 2 products ? (protection-wise)
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 04:58:50 AM »
May i know the difference betweek Kaskpersky Internet Security 2011 and Avast Internet Security 5 ? ( there is a huge difference in the price!) which is why i chose avast, but after it didnt stop me from opening some shock sites / scam sites which i got my IMs i kind of lost my confidence in this product, is there a huge difference between these 2 products ? (protection-wise)

with site blockings its hit or miss, no product will get them all and since malicious sites change so often its difficult to keep up with them completely but there isnt a huge difference between their protection level really

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 05:19:27 AM »
I sure hope that they both provide the same level of protection :) thanks for the info! and i need to know one more thing, i purchased a license for 4 computers for 1 year. I have used all 4 of them and installed them on 4 of my own computers. I want to format one computer and just want to know if i can reuse the same license key or will it detect that it has been used 4 times already ? or is there a proper way to backup the license ? ( i have the license file backed up on a USB drive and have it in my email inbox as well)

Offline firzen771

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 05:26:07 AM »
I sure hope that they both provide the same level of protection :) thanks for the info! and i need to know one more thing, i purchased a license for 4 computers for 1 year. I have used all 4 of them and installed them on 4 of my own computers. I want to format one computer and just want to know if i can reuse the same license key or will it detect that it has been used 4 times already ? or is there a proper way to backup the license ? ( i have the license file backed up on a USB drive and have it in my email inbox as well)

hmm, someone who knows more about the licensing system would need to answer that question, sorry

GloobyGoob

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 05:58:36 AM »
Yes, the license can be used again after you reformat.