Author Topic: Installed avast in July, haven't been able to update anything since then...  (Read 8844 times)

evilcreations

Alright here goes with the update.....

I did everything on the list above.......Still have the same 3 viruses that avast finds.

WINDOWS UPDATED!!!!!!  47 updates installed for Windows....

HOWEVER.....unfortunately avast will still not update it either gives me an error that it cannot connect to the server, or an error that the file is not found.

Attached is the setup log that was requested. as much of it as it would let me upload.

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
If you have done every step and windows is updating too. I'm glad that seems your windows is clean now. now try to reinstall avast:

1. If you use avast! Pro or Internet Security make sure you have license info to reinstall
2. Uninstall avast: http://sites.google.com/site/boelectronic/computer/how-to/change-installed-antivirus/avast
3. Download latest setup from avast website and install: http://www.avast.com/download-software#tab2
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
From your log file you appear to be running AIS version 5.0.594 (so is it AIS or Pro as Omid asks?), so your program is also out of date as the latest is 5.0.677.

So you should download the latest program version and do a clean reinstall.

- Download and save the program to a location where you can find it later:
Pro AV:  - http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_pro.exe
AIS:      - http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_ais.exe

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear5.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for both 4.8 and 5.0).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 4.8 if previously installed and then for 5.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

evilcreations

Ok, I'm not too savy with the terms that are being explained about what version I have.

I use the avast FREE edition.

I'm also trying to figure out once I uninstall and re-install the new one....how do I get my registration key to put into the new one.

Thanks again for all the help guys...

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
Ok, I'm not too savy with the terms that are being explained about what version I have.

I'm also trying to figure out once I uninstall and re-install the new one....how do I get my registration key to put into the new one.

If you use free edition, you can register a new key, don't worry.

evilcreations

cool, just wanted to make sure....

I'll give it a try and update with the results.

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
Good Luck! 8)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

OK, this is the direct download for the free version:
http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_free_eng.exe (English only)

You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

evilcreations

YOU GUYS ARE OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After following the last 2 steps, and remembering to change the connect setting to Direct Connect after it failed to update the 1st time....

I AM 100% UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys again so very much for all of your help with this headache!!

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • Homepage
You are welcome, feel free to come back if you had any more question or comment :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome, glad that you have it resolved now.