Author Topic: I can't connect with web after I installed Avast free antivirus!  (Read 5141 times)

abrahammarcial

Hello,

I have a problem! i can't access to web. Before i installed avast i could conect to web, but when 50% offers appears, i couln't connect it. After i installed avast 5.0 version. I have to cancel de web care to could connect to web. I want that avast be complete  on fully working, but if I active web protection, i can't access to web. What can i do? I read on support information on web, that i have to check mi firewall, but nothing happens if i disconnect my pc firewall. I think that isn't the problem. I change all the configuration of web protection, searching any option that let me enter to the web. But, nothing. I have to cancel it at all. Thanks for tour help!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: I can't connect with web after I installed Avast free antivirus!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
Which is your firewall?
Is avastSvc.exe allowed to connect?
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:05 PM »
Exactly what is your firewall ?

Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

abrahammarcial

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 12:04:31 AM »
I have the windows firewall, nothing else. I dont have any more, but, if i cancel this fire wall, i cant conect to internet yet.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 01:38:48 AM »
Which was your old antivirus, before avast?

abrahammarcial

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 09:39:49 PM »
I had avast too. All the problems began when 50% offers apeears. I think that is a problem from avast to I buy avast pro, because before, i hadn't problems with internet explorer. i can't open firefox yet.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 02:08:02 AM »
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.

Did you buy avast antivirus pro or avast Internet Security (AIS, antivirus + firewall)?