Author Topic: abort connection  (Read 2681 times)

dumperdunger

abort connection
« on: October 26, 2010, 03:34:20 AM »
Hi, ive been using avast 5 free for some time without issues, great program, but when I went to my daily visit to "giveaway of the day" today it spat the dummy warning about a risk. the only option is to abort connection, no option to ignore. Even closing the warning box with the X at the top right corner causes the browser to close the page. Either something has changed with the web site or avast. How can i turn off this warning, or stop it from closing pages? Thanks

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Re: abort connection
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 04:09:39 AM »
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

dumperdunger

Re: abort connection
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:40:16 AM »
Have you been here? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=65494.0

Hi, and thank you, another day and I can browse giveaway of the day. Thanks for the prompt response.

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: abort connection
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:26:23 AM »
It is corrected in virus definitions update 101026-0, so ensure that you have the latest update.

@ dumperdunger,

Now that your issue is resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you.  :)