Author Topic: System frozen when click the right-key of mouse  (Read 8629 times)

Topus

Re: System frozen when click the right-key of mouse
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 08:31:05 PM »
Here is what i've tried:
Uninstalled all security programs included Comodo. ( Avast5 uninstalled using aswClear5.exe )

If I get you right the only security related software installed atm is avast. Right..?
Possible solutions:
- Update your mouse drivers and see if this fixes the problem.
- If not possible try to exclude the drivers in avast.
Solved now..??
Btw, I just once ran into this problem, but it was related to comodo...!
asyn

Thanks asyn:
1.Just as i've said that even only Avast5 pro in my system.....doesn't has firewall neither
still got frozen
2.Update mouse driver=> won't work
I even have a new mouse instead=> won't work

?????????

Thanks 

Topus

Topus

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »

Here is what i've tried:
1. Uninstalled all security programs included Comodo. ( Avast5 uninstalled using aswClear5.exe )

How much RAM does the system have and what are the CPU specifications as to type and speed?

Here is my hardware list;
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 ( default:3G )
RAM; Transcend DDR3-1333 2GX4
VGA: HIS 5770 1G
HD: WD 6401AALS
PSU: Antec TPN 550w

Thanks

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 11:22:09 PM »
There could be some sort of clash with shell extensions, the right click stuff. There is a tool called Shell Explorer View  and that can show what shell extensions are loaded. Check it out, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html, there is a download link at the bottom of the page and there is a 64bit version, so hopefully it will work with windows 7.

I don't know if this will work in windows 7, essentially you can check what is in your shell extensions (you should see a list of them when you right click) but this should be better as the right click menu changes depending on where it is that you use it.

So you can first look at some of those listed in the right click menu (when it freezes) and look for things that you added to the context menu and disable non-essential ones one at a time trying to find the conflict. This isn't quick or easy task, look for Context Menu entries in the ShellExView program and see what it turns up.

Other than that I'm at a bit of a loss, but it does seem to be a conflict in this area. I have had this happen some time ago, whilst it didn't happen every time it was enough to make me go hunting. It took ages (months) of internet searching when it got to be a pain again, eventually I found the culprit, something I didn't think would ever be an issue, my screen capture software SnagIt had a right click function, once removed never happened again.

Be very careful not to disable any Windows Shell entries.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 01:47:10 PM »
ShellExView works fine in Windows 7.

Make sure you get the correct 32-bit or 64-bit Zip file.  
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:29:02 PM by YoKenny »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 03:04:58 PM »
Thanks YoKenny, though I suspect you meant the 64bit version and not 63bit ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »
Thanks YoKenny, though I suspect you meant the 64bit version and not 63bit ;D

I guess I was one bit short and coffee too low.  ;)