Author Topic: AVAST Pro Saved The Day!  (Read 1790 times)

brhokla

AVAST Pro Saved The Day!
« on: October 31, 2010, 09:57:45 PM »
Looking for carved pumkin pictures today Avast picked up a Java Script Trojan and saved my day today!  Best AV software I have ever used.  Happened so fast but Avast stopped it from loading on my system. 

ImWarm

Re: AVAST Pro Saved The Day!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:08:34 PM »
You can browse the web in the sandbox for even greater protection. Just right click the browser and select "Run Virtualized" or "Always Run inside Sandbox." Now, when a virus slips past the shields, only the virtual computer gets infected, and not your real machine.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 11:15:05 PM »
Yes, the internet is a prime area for malware infection, either in this type of thing social engineering trying to take advantage of seasonal searches and you visit a site that in a search engine result appears to be what you want only to find it is trying to run some sort of driveby download or exploit, etc.

However, nowadays one of the biggest threats is from hacked sites, so sites that are legit and have been previously visited so you feel safe have code/scripts inserted to rty and infect your system.

Fortunately avast's web shield is very hot on these types of attack.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »
brhokla

Thanks--that's good news
printed on 100% recycled bytes