Author Topic: Automatically Delete Option?  (Read 4703 times)

Platinum

Automatically Delete Option?
« on: July 09, 2003, 03:49:45 AM »
First off, Great Program!  :)   Very impressive.

When the program finds a virus, it brings up the window with a siren. Is there some way to tell it to automatically delete infected files? Instead of asking.

Thanks in advance,

Platinum.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Automatically Delete Option?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 09:05:15 AM »
In the Pro version, you can edit the corresponding Task in the Enhanced User Interface (or create a new one). On the page "Virus" of the Task settings you can specify "Delete" (instead of "Choose action") and the files will be automatically deleted. (Note that it might be dangerous sometimes to delete files automatically...).

jdong

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 08:34:19 PM »
As igor said, it's not very wise to automatically delete a file, as false alarms do occurr...

Did you mean repair, as in 'delete the virus'?

Platinum

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 04:12:52 AM »
Repair? No. Delete.  If I receive a file that has a virus in it I just want it gone. I simply want it out.  If it was important the sender can re-send it.  :)

So can I have it automatically quarantine it then? Or is that only in the professional version? Which if this program continues to work so well I will likely get. :)

Platinum

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 09:06:39 AM »
Oh, so you are talking about the Outlook or Internet Mail provider, i.e. about e-mails? Well, that's something else then (I thought you meant scanning your hard disks).

If you are using full MS Outlook (not Express), you can configure it directly in the configuration of the resident provider - Outlook plugin (the second page - what to do if avast finds an infected message).
If you are using Outlook Express, or any other e-mail client, i.e. you are protected by the Internet Mail provider, then I'm afraid it cannot be set directly in the resident protection configuration window. It can be set only in the Enhanced User Interface (i.e. in the Pro version) - edit the resident task, and modify the Virus action for the Internet Mail provider (remove "Interactive selection" and set "Delete" instead).