Author Topic: Blocked traffic  (Read 2982 times)

vezkov

Blocked traffic
« on: November 02, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »
I'm using Windows 7 and yesterday I've done a format. Before that i was using avast5 without any problems. I installed avast and for couple of hours it was running with no problems. And all of a sudden i was blocked from the internet. After disabling the web shield everything went back to normal. I turned off windows firewall and made all the rules to be allowed. I removed avast with the removal tool and reinstall - in vain. Nothing helps. I install comodo firewall to see that Avastscr even doesn't have any connection the the net, but skype is working, as well as avast update. Very annoying. Help me to solve that problem.
Version 5.0.667

Offline CraigB

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Blocked traffic
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 04:31:58 PM »
What version of avast do you have installed, free/pro/internet security

vezkov

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »
I'm using the free version.

Offline CraigB

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 07:08:37 PM »
If you had turned off the windows firewall what were these rules that you allowed in? it maybe wise to delet your comodo firewall and restore the default settings to the windows firewall until we can sort out your problem.

vezkov

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 07:26:31 PM »
I've already uninstalled comodo and tried turning windows firewall on and off a couple of times. I even made custom rules to allow internet traffic of all avast's files, and yet again nothing. I know that the web shield assumes the traffic from the browsers and scan it, but it seems it doesn't send the requested date outside at all :(

vezkov

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 07:57:21 PM »
And its loads only my google services which are https.