Author Topic: Resolved: Cannot uninstall Avast  (Read 3171 times)

Alfie

Resolved: Cannot uninstall Avast
« on: November 02, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
My Avast would not update so I decided to uninstall it. It was only partially uninstalled and now when I try to uninstall it using my control panel I get a message: ??? ??? Setface error 536870929.I have tried scanning my computer for Malware but that still did not work.
I then tried to manually remove the folder but got the message: Cannot delete Aavm4h.dll Make sure the disk is not full or write protected. I then installed unlocker 1.9 and tried again but the same messages are popping up. All I want to do is uninstall Avast so that I can reinstall it! Please could someone help me with this problem.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 10:36:53 AM by Alfie »

Alfie

Re: Cannot uninstall Avast
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »
Managed to find an Avast Unistall Utility. Problem solved!

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] Re: Cannot uninstall Avast
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 10:13:34 AM »
Managed to find an Avast Unistall Utility. Problem solved!
I guess you found your answer!

Now that your problem is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help (it might be quicker to come here to the forum to ask a question than to pull your hair out trying to fix it on your own), to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you.  :)