Author Topic: POP3 server "pop.i.ua" is blocked since 28.10.2010. Avast team, please fix this!  (Read 7847 times)

smcilree

Alexzorg--

I have just opened another thread addressing the same problem with my POP3 server being blocked my the avast! Mail Shield. My server only began to experience the block yesterday afternoon. Let's hope they start to believe they have a real problem.

Alexzorg

Unfortunetely i am not professional hacker or debugger or net programmer, so i cannot do more then i did trying to sink into this problem, but i DO believe that this is the program bug with Avast. I'll try to investigate this in another locations, why does this affected only my computer? I am using Agnitum Outpost as firewall. there are a lot of possible influences on this...

smcilree

Unfortunetely i am not professional hacker or debugger or net programmer...

Well, before I retired I was a professional software developer with some 35 years experience chasing program bugs. I am satisfied that I definitely eliminated everything other than avast! Mail Shield as being the cause of blocking on my POP3 server.

Alexzorg

Oh! my respect!

i think that without source code it is too hard to track the problem...

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Hello,
the mail scanner in the current version may rarely have problems with some firewalls. It will be solved in the next update and I can also provide the fixed ashMaiSv.dll file.
Sorry for the trouble.